Thread: PowerTech TRO4

"OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar

Question PowerTech TRO4

For the life of me, I can't find a decent 23P Trophy Plus for sale under $750. Anybody have any experience with the PowerTech TRO4? I may have to go that route. Do they use a Flo-Torq hub?
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

2. Member
    I used to use a TRO4 on a Skeeter ZX190 / 175 HPDI years ago ....... great prop for that boat ...... after I installed a cav' ring on it.
    I tried a TRO4 on an Xpress X19/ 200 HPDI too ........ boat didn't like it near as good as a Trophy Plus ....... both props I ran a cav' ring on.

So I guess what I'm getting at is even though Powertech says the prop is 'a Trophy clone', it still behaves a little differently in my experiences. Also in my experiences, it runs better than Trophy and worse than, it just depends on the hull and how badly you tweak your setup as to if you'll notice the differences.

In the pictures I've attached, the prop on the left is a Trophy and the prop on the right is a TRO4. You'll primarily note barrel length differences pretty easily ..... as well as the flared end. Mike and the more trained eyes will note blade shape, etc.

Hope it helps.
    -391v
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

3. Member
    There is a 23" trophy for sale in the "props 4 sale" board on here. Just scroll down the board to find it.

4. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    There is a 23" trophy for sale in the "props 4 sale" board on here. Just scroll down the board to find it.
    I saw that, but it’s not a Trophy Plus.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."