Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got robbed and need some Vets Advice About Buddy

I got up the other morning and immediately saw that one of my hearing aides was gone. Not sure who got it, our biggest poodle could not have gotten it hes just to big, our 9 month old poodle she could get up on the cabinet but she was already locked in her room for the night. That leaves Sassy the cat who rooms threw out the house at night. Got up next am and one of them was gone, i keep them right under the computer screen. I am thinking she may have gotten it to play with and one of the dogs destroyed it sometime in the morning. I found a bunch of small peace's last night to it but no battery. Would it be dangerous on a dog to swallow a hearing aide battery the size of an eraser?? First time in 14 years i have had anything like this happen. The three thousand hearing aide is bad enough but if i lose one of our pets it would be very bad on wife and i for sure.

2. Member

3. Moderator
    Talk to your vet.

4. Member
    Was in a new battery or a old one with less power ? ( last about one week, my wife tells me ) Rodney, best of luck with this ...

5. Member
    Our cat steals stuff all the time and bats it around the house until it's lost out of sight. Have you done a thorough search under furniture? We find a lot of small items tucked under the baseboard radiators or maybe I should say the vacuum finds lots of stuff

6. Member
    I am thinking battery type will make a difference. Was it rechargeable or standard battery type?

7. Member
    I'd check with the vet. I'm thinking lithium batteries can cause injury or death.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

8. Member
    If it were my dog I'd already have taken it to the vet. Why ask for vet's advice unless you see a vet. If indeed the dog swallowed the battery , it's serious.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

9. Member
    The pooch would be at the vet's office immediately.

10. Member
    You need to get them into a vet for Xray. Batteries can and do kill pets, especially the small ones like you describe. They need to be at the vet immediately and that goes for any of those 3 pets you think might have had a chance to eat that battery.

11. Member
    Ask the vet. I do know a family who lost a son because he swallowed a coin battery.

12. Member
    This is all that is left. [IMG][/IMG]

13. Banned
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    My cat was named sassy as well!

Great cat, miss her.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    This is all that is left. [IMG][/IMG]

if you haven't gotten them to the vet yet, you need to do so immediately. If any of them swallowed a battery, you have a potentially life threatening issue.

16. Member
    It was your dog. The ear wax attracts them to eat a hearing aid. About 9-10 yrs ago,,when I received my first set of hearing aids for the VA,,had them for a week and left them in a end table, our small dog got one,,went under the bed,,chewed it into a million pieces..never swallowed the battery..called the VA, they got me a new replacement,,went in to pick it up and doc told me it was the ear wax that attracts the pets to chewing on them,,my comment was,,,why the hell,don’t you put it in your instructions to new users…and her comment was,,she would pass the suggestion upstairs.

17. Member
    Had both of them X Ray today, the 9 month old had the battery, good news is she should pass it in the next poop!!

Never heard the deal on the ear wax, to late now though, guess I like watching money get chewed up

18. Member
    Thats good news ! POOP CHECKER !

19. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    The replaceable batteries in hearing aids are Zinc air. They will pass three your pet without killing. Thank god as a million have been eaten by dogs. That’s one of the things I was warned about when I got my aids 6 years ago. I get my new rechargeable aids this week.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    The replaceable batteries in hearing aids are Zinc air. They will pass three your pet without killing. Thank god as a million have been eaten by dogs. That’s one of the things I was warned about when I got my aids 6 years ago. I get my new rechargeable aids this week.
    Let me know how you like those Scott, these i had are ery expensive!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast