Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Go to Amazon. Great place to work.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

2. Member
    If you have a truck you might consider doing hot shot work. Pick and choose what trips you do and don’t take.

Deliver groceries

4. Member
    Ups is hiring pvd (personal vehicle delivery) drivers for dates starting in november thru 2nd week of january. Pays (in our area) 21.50/hr plus mileage, and $5/day to use your own device (phone). Download an app, load up your personal vehicle with pkgs and go deliver em. Punch out do it again tomorrow. Ive trained quite a few of them over the last few years and most people seem to really catch on after the first week of doing it. Also the schedules can be very flexible as to when you might need to be later one day or whatever. Same amount of work, but just start later. Our pvds dont start until way after 10am so you would be able to interview prior. Im not trying to sell ya on it. Just givin info.

My son worked for Amazon for a couple of weeks as a supervisor in the warehouse. He said there was tremendous pressure to get the peons to be faster and crank out more orders. He hated it and quit. When I was in college, I worked for the USPS part-time, and I can't recommend it. I hear Costco is a good place to work and they pay decently.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    If you have a truck you might consider doing hot shot work. Pick and choose what trips you do and don’t take.
    What is hot shot work?

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    What is hot shot work?
    It’s the guys with a flatbed trailer and dually truck that hauls stuff around. Like a trucker but not a big truck.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironoutlaw View Post
    It’s the guys with a flatbed trailer and dually truck that hauls stuff around. Like a trucker but not a big truck.
    Wouldnt he need a DOT ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Ups is hiring pvd (personal vehicle delivery) drivers for dates starting in november thru 2nd week of january. Pays (in our area) 21.50/hr plus mileage, and $5/day to use your own device (phone). Download an app, load up your personal vehicle with pkgs and go deliver em. Punch out do it again tomorrow. Ive trained quite a few of them over the last few years and most people seem to really catch on after the first week of doing it. Also the schedules can be very flexible as to when you might need to be later one day or whatever. Same amount of work, but just start later. Our pvds dont start until way after 10am so you would be able to interview prior. Im not trying to sell ya on it. Just givin info.
    I just read the job description for our local UPS for delivery in my town. The vehicle description cracked me up. No low riders, oversized rims, no bumper stickers, political stickers, offensive markings.

Do they pick up local or at the UPS distribution center?

I was just perusing UPS jobs as I’m ready to be done working in the high tech semiconductor industry for the last 40 years for the same employer. Not sure I can lift 70 pound boxes on a regular basis.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Chik Fila are looking

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post

12. Member
    Find a big event/wedding/caterer in your area. You can probably get a ton of hours on Friday/Saturday, and have Mon/Tue/Wed open to interview.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    I just read the job description for our local UPS for delivery in my town. The vehicle description cracked me up. No low riders, oversized rims, no bumper stickers, political stickers, offensive markings.

Do they pick up local or at the UPS distribution center?

I was just perusing UPS jobs as I’m ready to be done working in the high tech semiconductor industry for the last 40 years for the same employer. Not sure I can lift 70 pound boxes on a regular basis.
    Depends on the area. Last year we hired 40 pvd drivers. Some picked up at our local center, but the ones from our extended delivery area (30mi+) we worked some other options out. Had some storage units that we dropped the packages in and the pvd drivers come and go and load up from there. Depends really on area and your local center for what they are doing. Also, not all the boxes are 70lbs. Just depends on what people order in your delivery area. Truth be told, its xmas. So most of the boxes are from target, walmart, or amazon and not that heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Depends on the area. Last year we hired 40 pvd drivers. Some picked up at our local center, but the ones from our extended delivery area (30mi+) we worked some other options out. Had some storage units that we dropped the packages in and the pvd drivers come and go and load up from there. Depends really on area and your local center for what they are doing. Also, not all the boxes are 70lbs. Just depends on what people order in your delivery area. Truth be told, its xmas. So most of the boxes are from target, walmart, or amazon and not that heavy.
    Thanks for the info. When I saw the position for in my town, it peaked my interest. I'm still working a regular job until sometime next year and may look into it when I'm not hunting or fishing.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

15. Member
    There is always the worlds oldest profession.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    "Hunting and gathering" is what he is doing in his spare time- hunting and fishing....

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    He totally should start an only fans...lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12