Recent update caused a problem

I updated my Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv units last week to the 18.00 version. Took the boat out and discovered I only have the left view on side imaging. I went into the menu and checked if everything was in order and left & right was set for side imaging. I shut down unit and turned back on and that did not correct problem. I’m running a GT 54 transducer for the unit that is giving me problems. I also updated the same unit at the bow and the side imaging is working fine up front. I have a GT 54 transducer mounted on trolling motor. Problem is only with unit at console. Any suggestions before I call Garmin?

Just got off the phone with Garmin. They think I may have a bad transducer. I have to provide a picture of the side imaging only showing the left side and send it to them. I will just have to wait and see.

Swap units to see if they both have the same issue with the same transducer. That will tell you if it’s the transducer or head unit.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

4. Member
    I just recently (within the past month) had the same issue. Swapped units as I have two of the same. Just to let you know they will want you to swap the cradle also. Just unscrew the knobs and swap everything. They wanted to make sure the cradle wasn't causing the problem. I ended up paying 260 for the new transducer and then they refunded my account once they received the defective transducer. They also wanted me to install the latest update to make sure that wasn't an issue. Now I have a temp reading on the other unit acting up. It reads all over the place and I have to swap units again to make sure it isn't the head causing the problem. Good luck. Did not take long for the whole process. Maybe week and a half for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dricha21 View Post
    I just recently (within the past month) had the same issue. Swapped units as I have two of the same. Just to let you know they will want you to swap the cradle also. Just unscrew the knobs and swap everything. They wanted to make sure the cradle wasn't causing the problem. I ended up paying 260 for the new transducer and then they refunded my account once they received the defective transducer. They also wanted me to install the latest update to make sure that wasn't an issue. Now I have a temp reading on the other unit acting up. It reads all over the place and I have to swap units again to make sure it isn't the head causing the problem. Good luck. Did not take long for the whole process. Maybe week and a half for everything.
    never thought about swapping units but it makes sense. I’ll be on the water tomorrow to get pics to send to Garmin and I will also swap units & cradle. I’ll report back with my findings.

I swapped units and the unit that showed left side only on side view was moved from console to bow with a different transducer plugged in. Results were the same which ruled out transducer. I sent pics to Garmin technical assistance. One of the pics was the menu page showing left& right view. They emailed me back telling me that Manuel zoom was turned on. I went out in garage and booted up unit showing left side only at console, turned manual zoom off and to my surprise problem fixed. I have no clue how or when it got turned on but problem is fixed.