A Couple of Additions

Tired of the cleats getting in the way, so I changed out to folding cleats. Also added one to the drivers side, so I can tie off while the partner parks the vehicle. Added 10" hydraulic lifts to my front storage compartments, too. Mahvelous.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

2. Member
    Nice touch.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    Tired of the cleats getting in the way, so I changed out to folding cleats. Also added one to the drivers side, so I can tie off while the partner parks the vehicle. Added 10" hydraulic lifts to my front storage compartments, too. Mahvelous.
    Can you provide some info on the cleats you used and if there were any modifications needed? Seems like it would be a nice upgrade. Thanks.

4. Member
    What are the dimensions of the brackets you used to mount the lifts. I've looked at doing the same thing and found bracket height may be an issue. Also, bracket width may be an issue unless I use reverse mount brackets (stud faces opposite direction).

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Can you provide some info on the cleats you used and if there were any modifications needed? Seems like it would be a nice upgrade. Thanks.
    I put these on my boat: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was going to use rivet nuts originally, but I ended up just tapping the holes and using bolts. Figured I'd see how it held and if they tore out at all. A year later and I haven't had any issues. I searched for cleats with the same bolt pattern as the stock ones, with no luck. So, I had to drill a hole to mount these, but it covers the stock holes.

Boat cleat.jpg
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    They don't give those rascals away do they.

7. Member
    From Amazon - Two Marine Grade Stainless Steel Folding Cleats 4-1/2"

Rated 5 Star and fit right in with no mods.
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

8. Member
    Data on the lifts. I got the 10#, which work fine. OTUAYAUTO 45N/10Lbs Gas Strut - 10 Inch Lift Support - for Cabinet Lid, Gas Lift Cylinder, Tool Box, Toy Box Shock Absorber, Door Piston Opener (pack of 2) - $13.00

9. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    How about a picture or two of the cleats installed.....THANKS
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

10. Member
    20211019_195836.jpg20211019_195909.jpg20211019_200025.jpg

L-R Front Deck, Rear Deck, Deck lid

11. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I like that..... I see you added rod buckles too, as I did.... sweet
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex