Abu Garcia Customer service

So had 7'6 crankbait rod break when reeling in a fish. Rod has been used maybe 5 times. This is why warranties should and do exist. I sent the rod in under warranty replacement and that was in July. I have called multiple times and was told on several occasions the rod is in stock or being shipped. Now they said there was a mistake the process would take more weeks. This is bad business.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    So had 7'6 crankbait rod break when reeling in a fish. Rod has been used maybe 5 times. This is why warranties should and do exist. I sent the rod in under warranty replacement and that was in July. I have called multiple times and was told on several occasions the rod is in stock or being shipped. Now they said there was a mistake the process would take more weeks. This is bad business.
    Definitely unfortunate and now you've been without the rod for a big chunk of the season. I had two interactions with St. Croix this summer and their customer service was outstanding.

3. Member
    Stuff happens. Hang in there, they will take care of you. Great company to do business with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    Stuff happens. Hang in there, they will take care of you. Great company to do business with.

5. Member
    I've been waiting on a Falcon warranty replacement since August of 2020

6. Member
    Yikes.... the ONLY time I've sent a rod for warranty was a 6th sense sensory I exploded on a hook set the first trip with it... this was last year in the heart of covid, they had me a new one at the end of the week!! Hang in there!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    I disagree!...nuf said

8. Member
    Wow! I had to use the lifetime warranty I got with a Dobyns rod. It snapped boat flipping a 2 pounder. They examined it and determined that the rod wasn't abused or anything and replaced it pronto!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    I recently sent in a Shimano rod for warranty. It was a low end rod. I think it was a Clarus. I got an email from them that they would warranty the rod. After 3 or 4 weeks went by and no rod I called them for an update. I was told the rod is warrantied and in their system but I may not get it until April 2022. I sent it in first week of August. It is what it is.
    GETFISHED !!!

10. Member
    Years ago I had a Revo spinning reel break in the seat where it connects to the rod, called them, the reel was discontinued, they gave me 2 options, they had my reel, or I could have a new premier spinning reel, well I took the premier, great service. Then when they changed to the ew style, got a few of them, 1st one I got had problems, called them and Abu Garcia said just take it back and swap it for another one. Next one I got, same thing, told Abu these are the only reels I use, they said they didn't know of any problems like I was having, called again, same thing, I use Diawa and Lews now

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-91 View Post
    I disagree!...nuf said
    That's not really "nuf said".... Abu Garcia largely, if not completely, handles all customer service calls from the United States, in the United States. They are part of a parent company that is pushing to do more and more manufacturing in the US, and Abu has one of the most complete lineups for any style and price point. Sure there are some supply chain problems right now, but that is literally happening in every part of all businesses.

12. Member
    I’d much rather have a rod company sell the rod at a lower price point & have no warranty.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    I’d much rather have a rod company sell the rod at a lower price point & have no warranty.
    Abu has this option as well.

I know that fuji components (guides, tip tops, hook keepers, reel seats, etc.) are in very short supply right now and largely unavailable through rod building suppliers. I am sure this has forced alternative suppliers for these builders so other brands of components are probably short too. Go figure, its a common deal these days.