2022 new SHO idling high

Posting mostly for documentation purposes since there’s not much info floating out there. Maybe will help someone in the future

New SHO on 2022 skeeter with about 5-6 hours on it is now idling at 2k rpm’s. Motor ran fine Saturday morning for the first 2-3 stops. Around lunchtime the motor started idling at 2k rpm’s and in gear was going at a good clip. About 7mph.

2nd tank of fuel. Both non ethanol.

taking it to the dealership today, will report back what the outcome is.

2. Member
    I'd check to make sure your hotfoot is returning completely. Cable or spring could be bound up or the return stop bolt could have worked it's way out not letting it return all the way to the idle position.

Like the giant dummy I am I didn't realize that the hotfoot had an idle stop screw. It was lose and had slid up. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Zach201xl; 10-18-2021 at 02:38 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach201xl View Post
    Like the giant dummy I am I didn't realize that the hotfoot had an idle stop screw. It was lose and had slid up. Problem solved.
    No, far from it. You at least came back and said what happened so someone else can look for the same thing in this case. So good on you for doing that! We have all been there or at least most will admit it!! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Hopefully will save someone else the headache in the future.

6. Member
    Refresher training for me. I keep forgetting about some boats having a hot foot.