Run Time MK Terrova vs Garmin Force

I am running my 80lb.Terrova that I have had for about 10 yrs. all day long long linning jigs for Crappie.I drop the motor in the water early morning and leave it running ALL day long pulling my 18ft. boat between.8 and 1 mph all day long,The batteries never go dead. Can or will these new brushless motors do this,Can they compare to the MK maximizer system.
    I they can't Im gona buy another MK..I would like to have the new Garmin with the built in 56 transducer to get away from wires everywhere

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    The brushless motor should be notably more efficient.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I made this exact switch, 80lb terrova to garmin force 18ft boat (deep v) - the force sips battery juice and I was on it twice as hard to see what happens. It still used less juice than the terrova.

But honestly - the price difference is twice the cost of a terrova for the $1500 difference in price, if you are happy with the terrova, stick with it. I switched as I hated the terrova's deployment system for *my* boat, if you don't have issues stick with what you got, its not like the force was a game changer - the pedal was absolutely different and the force's remote (if you use the remote) was no way as crisp as the terrova (or ultrex or ulterra)

4. Member
    Thanks HenryPF,,Your response was exactly what I was looking for, real world comparison.
    Any others??

5. Member
    Note: last time I checked, the force does not come with the GT56 but the GT54 only. The 56 will fit but with the skeg trimmed down. See this thread

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post11513860