Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

Another BBC member looking into Santee end of Oct beginning Nov

Hey Guys

I want to get my friend out fishing in a few weeks and since he lives close to Santee I want to take him there. We will be staying at one of the lodges in the canal. Probably Canal Lakes Fish Camp

I've never been there and have always wanted to fish it. I intend to take it easy of course and not run around. Since we are going to be staying in the canal what advice do ya'll have for fishing from there??

I have lake mapping on my Lowrance units and also have a paper map.

Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Craig
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

2. Member
    I used to live on Lake Moultrie. There is a stump free channel marked on Lake Marion. If you leave that channel it would be good to have someone that knows the lake with you. The canel between the lakes is safe and there is a marked channel in Lake Moultrie but most of the lake with few exceptions is OK. Stripper fishing this time of the year is mostly done in deeper water with no concerns. Good bass and bream fishing is done around many of the islands and stumpy areas closer to the shore. 90% of the shoreline in both lakes has no homes on it. If your lowrance shows the stump fields, that would help. Hope you enjoy yourself and have a good fishing trip. We moved to the upstate and live on Lake Keowee.

3. Member
    If you don't have one, get the CMAP Precision Contour card for Lowrance for SC. The map depths on card are at full pool. The lake is 2 ft lower than full pool. Set your colors and sty in 8 ft or deeper when running around