Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
    Matt Hughes, it was terrible what happened to him. Won the biggest fight of his life, but will never be the same as he was before the accident.
    Yeah the train won that battle.

Anyone that has both cauliflower ears!!

3. Member
    I'll fight Mackenzie Dern any day.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Mirko Cro Cop is a name that comes to mind. Even though I dont think he fought in the UFC.
    he definitely did but by that time he was on the tail end of his career. I still remember him in the pride super tournament when he kicked wandy silva in the head and split his head open like hed hit him with a sword.

Unless youve ever been a MMA professional fighter...not a single person in this entire thread could even go toe to toe with the guys fighting at 145.

My brother went pro fought in the United States and Canada, was on TV a few times. at his peak he was 8-0 and about 1 fight away from getting a UFC contract. Lost that title fight in a controversial way getting knocked out by an illegal kick while he was down. It caused him to lose his chin so he didnt make the UFC and any time stuff got weird at bars, he was always tasked with breaking up fights. His go to move was simple, put people in a quick rear naked chokes and sit them down. The person loses consciousness for half a second and when they open their eyes they are sitting down and not really in pain.

There are some stories about two of the knuckleheads he trained with literally knocking out a group of 10+ bouncers at a local bar. Fighting is a science, if you arent well versed and rounded, you will get killed every time. Especially if you have no knowledge of wrestling or jui jitsui...you can be nice with your hands all you want, doesnt help at all when a wrestler slams you and chokes you out.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

5. Member
    ^^ knucklehead statement

Im no Pro, but ive tangled with 145lb’ers in class and they didnt stand a chance with me at 210

155 and up? ya, they could give you some real trouble

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novakevlar View Post
    Fedor Emelianenko. Always thought he was like the Terminator especially how he would just stare through people like he was some cyborg. If he had you in his program to liquidate you couldn't reason or talk him out of it.
    this is correct. Watch his ground and pound vs nog. Igor vovchanchin is another. When he was younger the town would ring a bell to warn town inhabitants that Igor was mad and stay away from him. And that was BEFORE mma

8. Member
    Yea mirko crocop was an actual real killer. Real-life

Matt Hughes

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    ^^ knucklehead statement

Im no Pro, but ive tangled with 145lb’ers in class and they didnt stand a chance with me at 210

155 and up? ya, they could give you some real trouble

If you got ahold of them sure. Still don't want to stand and strike with them.

11. Member
    against a 210 pounder with enough experience, theyre the ones that dont want to stand and strike

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    Yea mirko crocop was an actual real killer. Real-life
    Military I believe. Croatia ? Probably spelled that wrong.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    he definitely did but by that time he was on the tail end of his career. I still remember him in the pride super tournament when he kicked wandy silva in the head and split his head open like hed hit him with a sword.

Unless youve ever been a MMA professional fighter...not a single person in this entire thread could even go toe to toe with the guys fighting at 145.

My brother went pro fought in the United States and Canada, was on TV a few times. at his peak he was 8-0 and about 1 fight away from getting a UFC contract. Lost that title fight in a controversial way getting knocked out by an illegal kick while he was down. It caused him to lose his chin so he didnt make the UFC and any time stuff got weird at bars, he was always tasked with breaking up fights. His go to move was simple, put people in a quick rear naked chokes and sit them down. The person loses consciousness for half a second and when they open their eyes they are sitting down and not really in pain.

There are some stories about two of the knuckleheads he trained with literally knocking out a group of 10+ bouncers at a local bar. Fighting is a science, if you arent well versed and rounded, you will get killed every time. Especially if you have no knowledge of wrestling or jui jitsui...you can be nice with your hands all you want, doesnt help at all when a wrestler slams you and chokes you out.
    I had the opportunity to roll with Royce Gracie. LOL It was comical how fast he would take people out who were legit good fighters. He literally would tell you how he was going to get you then do it anyways. It was just a matter of time. Cool dude.

14. Member
    Royce Gracie. Those Brazilian Ju Jitsu guys could twist you up like a pretzel.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterZXR21SHO View Post
    Royce Gracie. Those Brazilian Ju Jitsu guys could twist you up like a pretzel.
    Unless you're Sakuraba

16. Member
    I used to roll at MTC which is where Clay Guida started. I've rolled with him a few times, his brother Jay, Shonie Carter and a handful of other guys who would come through along with the local fighters. I would never want to end up in a position to actually fight any of them. That being said the person right now that I'd hate to square off with is Rico Verhoeven (Glory Heavyweight)

17. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    That is a big ole boy.
    Yup, 6'4" / 265lb

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

18. Member
    WOW me too--it was a JUDO competition in GA--yeah--he made me kiss my own ankles--and I was super heavyweight
    I had the opportunity to roll with Royce Gracie. LOL It was comical how fast he would take people out who were legit good fighters. He literally would tell you how he was going to get you then do it anyways. It was just a matter of time. Cool dude.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    The correct answer would be all of them. We'd get our ass kicked by all of them
    Its like that time (no it wasn't in band camp) at the Rec Center when I played pick up with Chris Webber, Jalen Rose and Jimmy King (of the Fab 5)... Kinda like that but with a hospital visit.

Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    Its like that time (no it wasn't in band camp) at the Rec Center when I played pick up with Chris Webber, Jalen Rose and Jimmy King (of the Fab 5)... Kinda like that but with a hospital visit.
    They probably didn't need to call any timeouts in your game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast