Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

FWC... Way to ruin another lake. Sampson nuked

Was on sampson a few months ago and caught them really good. It was setting up nice for offshore grass. Mounds of hydrille in 4-8 ft of water. Should have been a fun bite going into fall and early bedding season BUT the FWC pulled the rug out from under us.
    Went out fri and was pissed at what i saw. Not a single cluster of hydrlla left offshore. The only grass i found was dying. Stringy black dying hydrlla. Saw fish in it that were sick. A fish that had a 6 pnd head but paper thin body was on the surface i the decaying hydrlla. It just sat there as i went by it. It then half ass swam away on the surface.

It would be nice if the FWC stopped screwing us. What is your problem you sorry mother %!#$@. Your head ( as a gov org ) is so far up your azz that when u shit you also blow your nose at the same time. Yall r some pimped out pieces of shit who would sell their own mother to make a dime. Stick it where the sun dont shine... Thats right ya cant because your head is already occupying that polluted cavity. Loved spending 70 dollars in gas just to find the disaster created by fwc. Dirty water with floating dead grass every where. Remember, sick fish too. Couldnt ya left some grass offshore? I mean i know ya want to make as much money for your cronies but come on man... Stop !#%/ us every chance you (fwc) gets. Fyi.. This isnt directed towards the fish police. I know a few game wardens who off the record have agreed with me that these idiots making decisions to spray are incompetent dush bags. Its for the biologist, sprayers ..and jackasses sitting behind desk.

2. Member
    Tell us how you really feel, lol.

Well, it's actually how we ALL feel!
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

3. Banned
    I just sent this in to the FWC, let's see what answer they come up with, because the next step the the State Rep and Senator, and right up the chain......

t seems that the FWC has become obsessed with the spraying of lakes here in Florida. Would you be kind enough to explain how you can possibly justify the amount of habitat destruction this is causing on our lakes? I continually see spray boats spraying areas where they have already sprayed, and continue to do so. The habitat degradation this has caused is the direct opposite of what your agency has been tasked to do. Why is this allowed to continue? How is it justified?

4. Member
    ^��

5. Member
    It's been going on for over 20 years, its just reaching lakes now that were off the radar. Corrupt greedy government agencies are addicted to the chemical industry money, same thing with our big pharma cramming an ineffective experimental vaccine down everyone's throat.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    I just sent this in to the FWC, let's see what answer they come up with, because the next step the the State Rep and Senator, and right up the chain......

t seems that the FWC has become obsessed with the spraying of lakes here in Florida. Would you be kind enough to explain how you can possibly justify the amount of habitat destruction this is causing on our lakes? I continually see spray boats spraying areas where they have already sprayed, and continue to do so. The habitat degradation this has caused is the direct opposite of what your agency has been tasked to do. Why is this allowed to continue? How is it justified?
    No answer yet....

7. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    But the good news is, I saw where they were restoring grass on.. Wait for it... Toho (west)!! Probably one of 2 or 3 lakes/chains in the entire state that don't need anything from the FWC.

I don't know how the efforts on George went, but down south they've killed the river/lakes to where they won't be back, ever.. Not w/o a serious scraping and replanting effort. Deep muck everywhere grass used to grow. Even the reeds are gone. And I think those are about as hardy a plant as you'll find along the river.

8. Member
    Replanting George was a massive failure
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

9. Banned
    As I was idling out the canal to Sampson all the bushes were dead. Are they evasive species I think not. They were brown and and burned as though you could have have pulled them from the ground and used them for dried out kindiling to start a camp fire. Went around the lake and found a small patch of grass off the bank that was dying but fished it anyways. As I went past a small decaying patch of slimy dying polluted hydrilla I saw a bass in the middle of it at the base of my trolling motor with a 6 pnd head that looked diseased and sick. The fish might have went 3 pnds. It slowly rolled away like it had vertigo. I never should have been allowed to get that close to the fish in open water. It struggled to swim away from a 22 ft gambler bass boat. I sat there and looked at it for a 3 or 4 seconds. A few minutes latter I caught a 2 pnd fish in the same mess that had sores on its side. Sampson is a close to the house nor do you burn gas but even this makes me want to keep the boat in the garage. A few months ago every fish me and Pete Jannotii caught were fat and healthy. The water was semi clear and bright green hydrilla. What makes this even worse is people eat fish out of this lake. FWC has been nuking this place for the last 10 years. When it starts to get good they poison it. They found dead manatees in the river and after they cut them up to determine the csuse of death the found round up in them. Eat fish out out of Sampson ya might want to check the levels of round up in your blood stream. I will say this , the shit kills the shit out of my dollar weeds, I just dont eat fish out of my front yard. Not saying they used round up but is one better or worse than the other? They also use 24-D. Look up the half life on that. It says dont eat or plant anything in the soil after using that shit.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 10-18-2021 at 09:21 PM.

10. Member
    I grew up in fl. And they used to destroy lakes and this was in late 60s and the 70s so been going on forever. My dad would take me bass fishing in small local lakes and he'd cuse every time ,We would catch them good one weekend and the next ruined for a long time I live in SC now and they can't stand weeds here either and not just lakes they tell us we can't kill weeds with something that works so they outlaw it then they beautify the state by spraying all the woods on side of road with stuff that will kill anything in site and you drive down the road looking at dead brown trees .idiots
    Last edited by 2dwoods; 10-19-2021 at 05:45 AM.

11. Member
    Did they also spray Rowell? I was in there a few weeks back and caught a 10+ not to mention the many 3-5 pound bass I caught in Rowell. The best part of all that was I caught them all on top water. The lake was just about completely covered with grass excepting for the trails cut by boats.

I wonder why these people do not understand spot spraying to control hydrilla rather than completely ruining a lake with massive spraying of everything that looks alive. I believe the Florida wildlife board consist of people who are political appointees, rather than qualified biologist and other experts that understand the need to protect the environment while at the same time controlling the vegetation overgrowth. It can be done if they'd take an educated approach rather then a "Kill Everything you see" approach. What a bunch of idiots!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Did they also spray Rowell? I was in there a few weeks back and caught a 10+ not to mention the many 3-5 pound bass I caught in Rowell. The best part of all that was I caught them all on top water. The lake was just about completely covered with grass excepting for the trails cut by boats.

I wonder why these people do not understand spot spraying to control hydrilla rather than completely ruining a lake with massive spraying of everything that looks alive. I believe the Florida wildlife board consist of people who are political appointees, rather than qualified biologist and other experts that understand the need to protect the environment while at the same time controlling the vegetation overgrowth. It can be done if they'd take an educated approach rather then a "Kill Everything you see" approach. What a bunch of idiots!!

It's actually very simple. More herbicides used = more funding. Counties and municipalities have figured out that the more herbicides they use the more they can justify requests for increased funding from the state. This has been confirmed numerous times by sources close to the industry.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    It's actually very simple. More herbicides used = more funding. Counties and municipalities have figured out that the more herbicides they use the more they can justify requests for increased funding from the state. This has been confirmed numerous times by sources close to the industry.
    As they say, Follow the Money! I can think of hundreds of ways they can spend that money that would really help rather than pissing it away on chemicals!

14. Banned
    I have been writing, leaving messages, attending town halls and talking to the biologists that manage some of the WMAs for the past 5 years about the damage their spraying programs are doing to fish and wildlife. They simply don't care. They have a spraying budget so some lake is getting nuked. Its criminal and won't stop until someone with deep pockets sues them into stopping.

15. Member
    I had not been on Sampson in 5 years and went three weeks ago on a random work day. Wife got tired of me telling her how awesome the grass was and shore line "good stuff was." Was going to go mid-next week but guess not.

16. Banned
    Finally got an answer....Make sure you look at the last sentence at the bottom. Just a computer generated response that did not explain what was asked. DeSantis needs a wake up call.

Thank you for contacting the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) with your question and concerns. FWC is committed to managing invasive plants that conserve habitat for fish and wildlife. We rely on various tools to manage aquatic plants, including mechanical methods, biological controls, and herbicides. In many areas of the state, invasive plants rarely experience dormancy and grow year-round. If left to grow uncontrolled, these plants can double their population every two weeks until the lake is covered. For example, 5 acres of plants will be 10 acres in two weeks, 20 in four weeks, and 40 acres in eight weeks. Therefore, it is crucial to treat these plants to keep them at the lowest feasible levels as these plants can and have blocked navigation in the past and cause flooding and outcompete native plant habitats.

Herbicides registered for use in aquatic environments undergo years of rigorous evaluation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). In addition, before an herbicide may be used in Florida waters, it must be registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. During this process, state health and environmental agencies comment on new herbicides. For an aquatic herbicide to pass the registration process, it must not pose a reasonable threat to human health and safety. Once registered for use in Florida waters, the FWC contracts with universities and other research institutions to find the most environmentally compatible and cost-effective strategies to apply herbicides to control invasive plants while conserving or enhancing native plants and animals.

The FWC takes environmental and human health and safety very seriously, and the Aquatic Plant Management Program only uses herbicides that have undergone the process outlined above. For more information about health and environmental assessments and other herbicide or pesticide-related questions, please visit the National Pesticide Information Center http://npic.orst.edu/ and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Bus.../Pesticide-FAQ

Thank you for your input and for expressing your concerns.

FWC Invasive Plant Management Section

The knowledge base article that you are subscribed to has been modified.

Update Date: 10/18/2021

Summary: [SUMMARY]

Question: [QUESTION]

Click here to view the answer in your browser.
    This is an auto-generated email and has originated from an unmonitored email account. Please DO NOT REPLY.

Follow the $$$...I saw them spray my best banks and years later they are still a brown dirty biomass devoid of any plants... they should know better!!

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

18. Member
    If you ever get into an Actual Conversation on their Facebook Page with one of their Biologist, they will tell you that you "simply do not understand" and what they are doing is the Right Way. They have been Taught in their Schools that wiping out All Weeds and Grasses is the Best Way to insure Water Quality and the Free Movement of Water and Watercraft.

They truly believe this stuff.

Any and All posters who dare to disagree with them an post Facts about what they see happening are just "trouble makers" and trying to sway the Public into thinking incorrectly.

It Is NOT Going To Change until the Governor gets involved or they are Sued by someone that has the Pockets and Go-Nads to take them on. Most Attorneys will not touch it. The State is way to hard to beat in court and they know it.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Most biologists will do anything they can to get funding! Consequences do not matter.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

20. Member
    I had no idea this was going on. Terrible.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast