Thread: Are they crazy?

Are they crazy?

I was looking at a 16 1/2 ft Crestliner aluminum boat..Fish Hawk they call it with a single console and this dealer wants almost $32,000,with tax you are looking at $34,000 for a 16.5ft boat!
    Who are the people buying these?🤣🤣😂😀

2. Member
    My 2012 Lund Rebel 1625 XL SS (16.5ft., dual consoles) with a 75 Optimax, Fortrex TM and modest FFs, cost me $25,000.00 Can. To replace that boat today in Canadian funds is at least $45,000.00 !

3. Member
    Could probably sell the same boat for 35k in a few years the way the market is now lol.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    All boat prices are crazy. Just make sure you shop around. Ranger has there RT 178 w/60 hp starting at $25k and the RT 188 w/ 115 starting at $30k (according to their site). I have the 188 and really like it. Good luck!

Have a good one and thank God for it!

5. Member
    No.. they are knot crazy.. we are

Boat prices. Way before this craziness started (2018) my fishing partner passed away. His last boat was a 2004 Crestliner. Twin console, walk through windshield, 80 hp Yamaha 4 stroke, with 89 hours. I listed the boat on several sites for his wife for exactly what he had in it. His neighbor said the reason it wasn’t selling is because it was listed too cheap. He posted more pictures of it, and added $2500 to the price and the phone rang off the hook. First guy that looked at it bought it. I sold my boat in April before the “ boat shortage”. Two months after I sold it the new owner listed it for $13K more then he paid for it. He didn’t sell it but had a lot of people interested

7. Member
    I know one thing...the overpriced used boats online ain't selling..most that I have been watching have been sitting for over a month now..maybe the honeymoon for people and dealers getting high prices for their boats is over.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kspilot View Post
    I know one thing...the overpriced used boats online ain't selling..most that I have been watching have been sitting for over a month now..maybe the honeymoon for people and dealers getting high prices for their boats is over.
    We can only hope!

9. Member
    I have noticed the last month has slowed also, but I believe this is because boat sales are seasonal. Word is that Lund Boat Company is a few days away from no longer accepting any 2022 orders, their production line for next year will be completely sold out. This tells me the used boat market will be crazy once again come spring when people get back into the buying mood.

Time of year, nothing more. Slows every year in the fall and at the start of the next season, feb/march prices rise with demand.

11. Member
    Yes, they are and so are the people paying these prices.

12. Member
    ��

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    Yes, they are and so are the people paying these prices.
    Correct

Its that way on used offroad stuff and campers also.

Prices are are high and a lot of boats are just sitting. There is no shortage at all. Just do a search on boat trader.

Vexus shows 178 new boats for sale.

Ranger shows 239 new boats for sale,

Phoenix show 51 new boats for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    No.. they are knot crazy.. we are
    Yep There's old sayings "Make hay while the sun shines" and "Sell while the selling's good" etc,. that's what their doing.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.