Z7 Keelshield; Where to start it from bow hook?

Can someone with a Z7 please measure how far down your keelshield starts from your bow hook? I'm assuming most Z7's should be similar and have the bow eye hook come up to the bow when loaded.

I've got my boat on a trailer and would like to install this Megaware Keelguard (7') here without driving 45 minutes to just dunk my boat in the water to find a water line. Instructions say 6-9" above the water line but I don't have water line marks on my boat and forgot to mark it when I bought the boat.

Appreciate the measurements!

-Josh

Depends on what you want and how long. Believe they have a 6ft and an 8ft. To me keel protection below the eye hook is not really needed. I would want it further back for when I beach the boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I would look at how long your shield is, then I would go under the boat and see where you think it should stop, measure from there towards the bow eye, and see if that looks like a good spot or not. And adjust some from there

On my z8 I'm pretty sure it starts 4-5" from the eye. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Mine was factory installed by nitro