2 questions for Vexus Co

1) Why is orange not offered as a color now in the AVX line? That looked awesome IMO.
    2) When will your website list the aluminum hull thickness and hull weight?

We have heard Vexus is going to .125 Aluminum and it would be awesome if you are to advertise that on your website.

Thanks.

Orange didn’t sell I imagine. Having said that you can order a boat in any color you want. Just need to pay the up charge. You can also have the boat set up like you want it. I dropped the speedo and opted for a phone mount in that location. Also added a drivers side cleet so I could slide up to a dock and tie off without getting out of the seat.

If your questioning hull thickness give Vexus a call or PM clark. Vexus has the best CS in the business and are a pleasure to deal with. If you call plan on talking for awhile! Like talking with an old friend.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 10-17-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    1) Why is orange not offered as a color now in the AVX line? That looked awesome IMO.

We have heard Vexus is going to .125 Aluminum and it would be awesome if you are to advertise that on your website.

Thanks.
    not all models are going to the .125 hull. the AVX 181 and 189 are not. This is right from vexus. I asked the rep. these 2 models will stay with the .100 thick hull.

The question is "When will your website list the aluminum hull thickness and hull weight?".

What would you do if someone from Vexus told you the hull thickness would be .125 and you order a boat and it isn't when you receive it?"

You have no recourse.

Ranger, Avid and Xpress all clearly list hull thickness on their websites with the boat specs.

5. Member
    I just received my 2022 1980cc. How would you know if it's .125 when it's not written, stamped, or stated anywhere? Believe the rumors and BBC I guess

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmess View Post
    I just received my 2022 1980cc. How would you know if it's .125 when it's not written, stamped, or stated anywhere? Believe the rumors and BBC I guess
    well then maybe you should have asked the dealer when you ordered it if that was impt to you. while shopping for my boat that was top on my list of questions to ask. I was originally looking at river jets and most out there that are custom are .125 so when i decided not to go that route it was still something I would ask out of curiosity. but again if thickness was not impt to you then there would be no reason to ask and no reason you would want to even know now.

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post

Thanks.
    The Apricot is not listed on the website as a standard color, but it is still available for a small upcharge
    i have purposely been staying out of the .100/.125 thickness aluminum debate, hence the reason for my silence.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    The Apricot is not listed on the website as a standard color, but it is still available for a small upcharge
    i have purposely been staying out of the .100/.125 thickness aluminum debate, hence the reason for my silence.
    Awesome on the color. WHY on the aluminum thickness question? I am looking at aluminum boats but will not buy a .100 thick one. If .125 then Vexus is a strong contender.

Smart move. Weighing in on that is like a “what motor oil” thread on a motorcycle forum

10. Member
    The real question should be why suddenly the change from .100 to .125. Wonder if theres been too many warranty claims on existing units.

Not a debate, it's a simple question about the boats Vexus sells.

The question is why the hull thickness is not listed in writing somewhere, not why Vexus uses .100 instead of .125 aluminum.

Or maybe, Vexus is using .090 aluminum for the hull?
    Last edited by Grizzly; 10-19-2021 at 06:19 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post
    well then maybe you should have asked the dealer when you ordered it if that was impt to you. while shopping for my boat that was top on my list of questions to ask. I was originally looking at river jets and most out there that are custom are .125 so when i decided not to go that route it was still something I would ask out of curiosity. but again if thickness was not impt to you then there would be no reason to ask and no reason you would want to even know now.
    It wasn't important to me. .100 is what I expected. When my dealer sent me the PO in June the year model was shown as 2022. My point is how would you know if it had been built with .125? If .125 is a requirement for some, look elsewhere until it's made official.