On Bank Charger Mounting Board

Ranger Team,

I am in the process of switching to Ionics batteries and a Minn Kota On Board Charger. I have all the batteries figured out with the help of the BBC, but I have a question on the On Board Charger mounting board.

I am taking out the factory Ranger Quad Pro Four 15 AMP banks Model PS4 and installing a Minn Kota on board charger. Now the Minn Kota is taller and leaner than the Quad Pro. My question surrounds the mounting board. Does Ranger or another manufacture pre-make these mounting boards or do people just find a local shop to make one to the new specs needed.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Bradd

2. Member
    I replaced my ranger four bank charger with the four bank IONIC charger. It also has a larger footprint, so I replaced the original mounting board with 1/2" marine board. Worked out great.

3. Member
    Rood thanks! I didn't even know what to call that board or where to get it. I have been coming up with some drawing to mount it. I bought Ionic batteries and can't wait for them to get here.

4. Member
    Ranger makes that board and can send you a sheet of it just tell them what size. Or buy a bigger sheet and cut what you need with a skill saw it’s handy stuff and very reasonably priced.

5. Member
    Thanks gonnabe!!!

6. Member
    I had to change the board also when I went to the Ionics charger. I had a new board made to the size I wanted using 1/2 inch thick cutting board material. The company will cut to any size, chamfer or radius if you like. Super fast service also. Heres the link;
    https://www.cuttingboardcompany.com/

7. Member
    I mounted my iconic charger to the board were the old minnkota charger was. But I’m running a Yamaha with its oil tank on the same side as the main battery. I could see in a Merc set up this might be diffrent. There should be a ton of room in the space between the top cap and the hull towards your engine behind the trolling batteries. High and dry up there.

8. Member
    Thanks guys! I have two options now...cut a new board or test out the area behind the TM batteries. I have a 2012 z521 and my mounting boards are 3/4" thick.

9. Member
    I just took my PS3 out and mounted my Ionics charger on the same board. Worked out great!

10. Member
    Took out my Duel Pro and mounted my Ionics charger in the same place. A little tight but all's well. Ranger 520L

11. Member
    Home Depot in our area has King Starboard usually by the hobby panels (plywood)

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
    Thanks guys! I have two options now...cut a new board or test out the area behind the TM batteries. I have a 2012 z521 and my mounting boards are 3/4" thick.
    1/2" is plenty thick. It's bolted down, isn't going any where.

13. Member
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help!!! My Ionics arrived today. I am losing 120lbs on this upgrade and adding one additional "electronic/house" battery. I know it was an expensive upgrade, but I am really enjoying it and learning about battery setup while I am at it. I decided to upgrade some wires as a few of mine didn't look to high quality...Ha. I can't wait for this weekend to do a little rigging.

I took the lower board covering the pumps and swapped them. Can now also get the pumps easier
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    I took the lower board covering the pumps and swapped them. Can now also get the pumps easier
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ROOD View Post
    I replaced my ranger four bank charger with the four bank IONIC charger. It also has a larger footprint, so I replaced the original mounting board with 1/2" marine board. Worked out great.
    Exactly what I did. no problem
    TCnSD
    Terry Chenowth
    Santee, CA

2003 Ranger 195VS
    2011 Etec 200HO
    No Problem I'm on fish...