Smart Craft Questions

I have tried to search for the answers to my question here and haven't found anything that addresses the ones that I have. I have a Smart Craft Gauge that is on my boat that is has a 2002, 200SX DFI serial #OT430660 that I think was added sometime after being rigged. The reason I think this is because my instrument panel has gauges that are not connected to any thing. So my question is can the Smart Craft Gauge be remove and the gauges in the instrument panel be made to work? I have gone through the Smart Craft readouts and found a lot of information that I wouldn't use and I didn't like it because I had to look at it to find the button and punch it to see the different readouts while I'm running down the lake. So what I'm asking is and need everyone's on is;

1. Can the Smart Craft be removed without causing me problems?
    2. Will I be able to get the gauges (trim and temp) that I need and get them to work?
    3. Will I be able to do this myself or will I have to take it to a Service Center?

Which Smartcraft gauge do you have? Smartcraft is a whole line of gauges.

Do you have Trim and Temp readings on the Smartcraft gauge? If so and your Smartcraft harness has a plug for “System Link” the all you need to do is remove then analog gauges and replace with System Link gauges. They are very easy to install yourself as they are literally plug and play. Order from Don and Rhonda to get all the correct parts. The System Link gauges come with short leads so you may need to order an extension if you need to traverse from one side of the console to the other.

Here is a thread that may help. Smartcraft Option.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    From description of having to punch a button it sounds like he has a Smartcraft System Monitor.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Yes I think that it is a SmartCraft Monitor. I have never owned a mercury before and this is something new to me. I'm old school and like to be able to just glance at my gauges that's in the dash and tell what's going on. This monitor has things that I don't care about such as, used gallons of gas, gallons of gas per hour and a couple of others that I already have a gauge for them. To answer 06 SB questions it has a trim reading but no temp and the trim reading isn't correct. How do you get in touch with Don or Rhonda?

Terminology can be a pain…A Smartcraft Monitor does not exist. It is either a Mercmonitor (speedo sized round gauge) or a System Monitor (small square gauge).

Get some pictures of what you have and think about what you want then send an email to the address in the link below.

Don and Rhonda Weed contact info at European Marine. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=22574

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

6. Member
    I talked to Don this morning and e-mailed him a picture of it. Just waiting to hear back. Thanks for all the help.

Awesome!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Without even looking, I would make one note to put this into perspective: You "can" adapt a black and white TV to accept digital signals and play the Super Bowl on it. I'm not sure I would give up what I have and go back to a black-n-white just because I "can", though.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    I am checking to see what I can do as far as upgrading the smartcraft to something more useable for me. I just don't know if I can afford it or if it's worth it on this boat.