Lake wynonnah, pa

I understand this is a private hoa lake but does anyone here fish it? If so could you pm me? Wife and i are think about moving to either there or lake mead and i am trying to find out how the fishing is and what species are in the lake.
    Last edited by bobothewizard; 10-16-2021 at 10:44 PM.
    2015 G3 1860 CCJ -Poly sprayed bottom
    2015 Yamaha 90/65 Jet
    Run skinny, not scared!

2. Member
    I have a buddy that lives on the lake. I asked him about getting access. He told me that they'd have to "quarantine" my boat for a week before they'd let me on the lake, and that's only to fish it once. You'd need to leave your boat there to fish it more than once.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Gotcha, we are actually thinking about moving there permanently. I am just trying to see if the bass/crappie fishing would make it worth it for our permanent retirement home.
    2015 Yamaha 90/65 Jet
    Run skinny, not scared!

4. Member
    I use to live there when I was a kid. That’s been 35 years or so since but I still have a cousin who resides there. It’s heavily populated now as compared to when I was a kid but what a fun place to grow up. I don’t know if they’ve changed the laws since then, I’m sure they have but kids were not required to have a drivers license. I kid you not, if you knew how to drive a tractor trailer at age 13, it was allowed. Many kids in the development had dirtbikes or 3 wheelers and we ran free, roads and all. The amenity area was great too. Nice swimming pool and lodge, park, tennis courts, etc.

The small lake had your typical panfish and bullheads and was stocked with trout. In the winter it would freeze well and it was the place to be to play hockey and even fish. The Big Lake had Bass, Panfish and Pike. If the Bass fishing is anything close to when I was a kid, it was great back then. Obviously, you would want current data.

5. Member
    I have owned a lot there since around 1990, and it used to be really good fishing. Unfortunately, the property owners association instituted the "quarantine policy" to discourage anyone who doesn't live there from coming in. Now the only practical way to fish is to live there and just use your boat there. I still visit the lake but it has gotten a lot more developed and much busier. The lake is an absolute zoo on the weekends with boaters, skiers, kayakers, etc. The other thing that hurts the fishing is that many of the people there are "meat fisherman" who keep whatever they catch. It can still be good but it is nothing compared to the fishing years ago.

6. Member
    I live about 15 minutes from there and have friends who live there. If you go out somewhere fishing, they will put a lock on your trailer for a week and you cannot use it. The people who make the choice about the lake have zero idea what it is they are doing. The lake has no natural cover. They spray for weeds so there are none of them. There are actually 2 lakes and from what I hear the smaller dam is better fishing. It is a zoo on weekends. If you have any questions, pm and I can give you a phone number of someone who lives there

Thanks jcuts, i might take you up on that. The wife and i are from mount carmel and are folks are still living there so we thought as if we were moving back home ��
    2015 Yamaha 90/65 Jet
    Run skinny, not scared!