Thread: Carbon/Ghost

Carbon/Ghost

How do you navigate to a waypoint with aC arbon 12 and Ghost TM? I see videos for HDS Live waypoint navigation. but not with a Carbon. Help!

2. Member
    Works the same on a Carbon. Hit the waypoint, tap Go To, engage autopilot, then on the trolling menu hit the prop. You do have to be fully up to date on software.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply. Everything is up to date but I don't seem to be getting the same screens that I saw on the video. Shows no autopilot.
    2021 Vexus 1880 Ghost TM and 12” Carbons

4. Member
    You have to tell your Carbon to activate the Autopilot features. As I recall from memory go to Pages, Settings, Advanced, Features and scroll down and turn on Autopilot features.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    You have to tell your Carbon to activate the Autopilot features. As I recall from memory go to Pages, Settings, Advanced, Features and scroll down and turn on Autopilot features.
    Followed all this, but it still shows no autopilot when I touch the trolling motor icon on the left of the screen.

6. Member
    Check your NMEA 2000 connection from the pedal to the NMEA network.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    Will do. Thank you!

8. Member
    Connection looks good. Still saying no autopilot computer.

9. Member
    Go Pages-Settings-Network-Auto calibration on your unit and run it. Then check Pages-Settings-Network-Devices. If the Ghost is not in that list, the problem is your NMEA2000-network.

10. Member
    I will try that. Thanks!

11. Member
    Double check you have power feeding the nema network also.

12. Member
    This post is exactly what I went through several months ago and I don't always trust the "experts" at Lowrance tech support.
    I lost my autopilot feature and two different techs spent a lot of time with me telling me it must be a bad part in my nema network.
    Bought another starter kit, wasn't the problem. Completely tore apart much wiring in my boat. Later found that setting issue by myself as both never even mentioned any settings.
    Took over 4 hours and it was just a settings changed which somehow got changed along the way.
    Lowrance should forward all calls to BBC.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Go Pages-Settings-Network-Auto calibration on your unit and run it. Then check Pages-Settings-Network-Devices. If the Ghost is not in that list, the problem is your NMEA2000-network.
    So there is no auto calibration, just auto configure, same thing? When I select auto configure a message pops up and says this will reselect or remove any invalid data source selections. All networked devices should be connected and powered on are you sure you want to do this? Then it just gives a simple yes or no. The ghost does show up in my network devices so do you think this is still what I need to do?

14. Member
    The ghost only shows up on the bow mounted unit and not the console which I would expect does it need to show up on both units?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabman1880 View Post
    So there is no auto calibration, just auto configure, same thing? When I select auto configure a message pops up and says this will reselect or remove any invalid data source selections. All networked devices should be connected and powered on are you sure you want to do this? Then it just gives a simple yes or no. The ghost does show up in my network devices so do you think this is still what I need to do?
    Yes, same thing. :) Turn on everything (even the ignition on your outboard if you have an engine-interface) and run it. This detects and auto-selects the NMEA-sources available, your Ghost is one example of such a device.

Since the Ghost shows up in your device-list, the NMEA2000-network is working. If you are still unable to select AP I would suggest you check that these features are turned on like in Aj14s case in post 12.

16. Member
    Thanks again for the replies all.

17. Member
    OK, just had a chance to try this,...and looks like it worked and will try it out on the water. Thanks again.