Power Pole Blade - No Green LED light

Just received a new circuit board and pump cap for my Power Pole Blade. Pump is not working and no green light on pump cap. I have 12 volts to the circuit board. Is it possible for the new circuit board to be bad, or am I missing something here. I will call Power Pole Monday, but my impatience wants me to fix it today. Anyone experience this problem before??

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Have 2 poles? 1 working? Swap board first. That doesn't work swap caps.

3. Member
    Yes, I have two poles. I tried installing the new board and new pump cap, nothing. I know I am getting 12 volt power to the board through a multi-meter. I re-installed the old board and cap and nothing. The old board and pump cap would work intermittently. I may have to wait and troubleshoot through customer service.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Take board out of working pump try it ... this will eliminate the board as you know your using a board that works. That doesn't work take the top cap from your functioning pump . Still same issue you now eliminated board and topcap instantly. This should have been done w new board and top cap but you never know. I would check for a loose wire where it enters the pump, as you say it would work intermittently. You may need new wiring harness.

5. Member
    I did this. The pump would not work. It is doing something to the cap. The reason I say this the cap was working on pump 2 with the green light flashing. When I put the cap/board from working pump 2 onto non working pump 1, no green lights came on and the up/down buttons on top would not work. Then, when I put the cap and board back on working pump 2, no lights would come on but I can raise up/down by cap switches. This boat has been a nightmare from day one. All types of electrical issues.

6. Member
    All my fault. I totally forgot the ribbon wire goes into the black port. I kept trying to put it in the USB port and that is the reason why they were not working. After the correct installation with a new cap and circuit board, everything is working fine.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint River Nut View Post
    All my fault. I totally forgot the ribbon wire goes into the black port. I kept trying to put it in the USB port and that is the reason why they were not working. After the correct installation with a new cap and circuit board, everything is working fine.
    glad to hear it.