Question on Deck Extension Mod

So Ive begun the deck extension process on my Classic XL. I purchased marine grade plywood (holy hell, that plywood is expensive!!) for the project. My question is, do I need to treat the wood in any way? Ive seen a couple of guys paint regular plywood with oil based enamel also... will there be any issues with adhesion between the paint and glue if I do paint it? Do I need to treat the marine grade plywood at all?
    Thanks!
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

I personally didn't treat mine. I just painted the sections that show as you use it black and called it a day. The heat from the elements will dry it out if and when it does get wet. Untreated plywood lasts quite a long time if you treat it nicely (meaning if it gets wet, give it a chance to dry off) and the rest of the wood on these Bass Trackers is untreated as well. I hope this helps.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    22P 3 blade Tempest Plus propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

3. Member
    I glued .25 roofing rubber to mine, then glued the carpet to the roofing rubber....worked beautifully to date.

4. Member
    I use this (copper naphthenate) on any wood I use outdoors, even the so called "pressure treated" we get today. It comes from different venders with different percentages by volume, just get the highest you can find...

5. Member
    I did buy marine grade plywood. It was $88.00 for a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" The question is weather or not I need to apply anything to the plywood before apply the carpet glue. Right now I have what will be the underside of the deck painted with oil based enamel. I have the top side bare. The carpet came in yesterday, the glue should be here today or tomorrow... Im leaning towards leaving it bare like Extremeboating said he did.
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

6. Member
    This may sound crazy but I watched "This Old House" yesterday and they were buildling the rough-in for a seat in a walk-in shower out of a structural foam product. Gave me the crazy idea that such light weight product might be useful for boat projects.