10/16 Viking report.

It was a little cool out this morning but I got my cold weather gear out and was just fine (to warm really after the sun came up) got the boat in about 6:30/7am started with buzzbait and went all the way up the west arm, only 2 small bass. I tried few brush piles with T-rig/jig but no luck. I then moved to the NE corner but nothing going there. I then moved all the way south (I could see the campers) I did get another on a buzz bait. It was about 10:30 now, I was a little frustrated but still working hard. As I was starting to make my way back to the ramp I noticed a rock pile marked on my graf that still had water over it. (Close to the restaurant boat ramp) fishing rock structure is my favorite thing to do so I was excited. Got the boat lined up to start casting and was able to get 6 small 14” bass. Although small I was very happy to catch those fish!! Made it of the water and home by 1:15. Now time for football and fire up the pellet grill for supper.

How did everyone else do?

I only fished Viking once in the 4 years I lived in Omaha. How is the water level?
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    I only fished Viking once in the 4 years I lived in Omaha. How is the water level?
    The lake is still 7:8ft low. At first the DNR couldn’t get the dam gate to close all the way they fought that a year, now it is just so dry and all the rain we get just doesn’t do much. I have caught some nice bass there in the passed, But haven’t had much luck since it got lowered. 7AA6611E-706C-48A4-B0F3-D81EDDDE632E.jpeg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    The lake is still 7:8ft low. At first the DNR couldn’t get the dam gate to close all the way they fought that a year, now it is just so dry and all the rain we get just doesn’t do much. I have caught some nice bass there in the passed, But haven’t had much luck since it got lowered. 7AA6611E-706C-48A4-B0F3-D81EDDDE632E.jpeg
    That’s too bad. I loved that lake. One of my biggest IA Bass came out of there. 6lb 4oz.

Camp ground is on the west arm.

Used to fish Viking most Thursdays 1990-2000, that was my day off and my fishing partner’s day off. NE arm by the boat ramp ( pontoon arm) my partner caught a 6.2. We used to catch a lot of 3’s and some days a few 5’s. But 2lb and 3lbs were plentiful back then. Sure miss fishing it.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    All this rain should help viking
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    All this rain should help viking
    That would be great if it would fill up for next year. Heck I might evan fish it again this year!