Sunday bass fishing

So i didn’t go out today and I KNEW today should of been a good day. Wind blowing should of moved the Shad up on towards the banks. Did anyone get to go out on Sharon Harris or Jordan today. If so, how was today? I am going to drop my cobra in SH tomorrow for a few hours. Tomorrow will not be that good I don’t think right after the front it’s usually terrible. But I’m going out to throw the A rig and jerk bait. Hope all of you are in good health and good luck when you all go out.

2. Member
    I also though today should have been a good day.I went to the Tar Reservoir for about four hrs and only got one small fish. There was a small tournament there today also,took 12# to win. Second was one fish and nobody else weighed,tough day apparently.

3. Banned
    Went up to Jordan today to see my daughter and her soon to be hubby. He was in a tourney out of Farrington ramp. I have fought the kidney stones all week but finally felt better and left here about 11 am. First time ever to that ramp. The wind was really blowing when i got to the ramp around 12:30-12:45. It was white capping on the lake there at the ramp the wind was so stiff. It calmed after about 20-30 minutes. Think there was 17 boats in that tourney. 1st had right at 20 pounds and 2nd had over 19 also. Both had 6 plus pound kicker fish and they also took 1st & 2nd big fish awards. Third place had 17 plus while 4th and 5th both had 16 plus pounds bags. Saw another 15 plus bag weighed in also and a couple other 5 plus pounders. Did see a couple nice fish caught within eyesight of the ramp that were in the tourney. From what i gathered it was mostly a afternoon bite.. the ones i saw were plastic/jig bites. Forgot all about the stones when they started bringing in those sacks for weigh-in. Those guys done pretty darn good in my humble opinion. Congrats to all of them. Traffic around Raleigh was the usual nightmare.

4. Member
    Nice post from you guys. Tomorrow I’m going to Sharon Harris. But I’m thinking about Jordan as well. Sh makes me want to sell my boat. It can bring a man to his knees in hours.

5. Banned
    Really think the key to these lakes and many others is finding schools of better than average bass relating to the same piece/kind of structure. Yep, there are stretches of "banks" or shorelines that just hold bass for some reason or another but out in open water they look for something they can hide to ambush they food source or just hang there to get out of the current and not expend all their energy. Would probably be amazed on just how many were caught where the boat stayed in spotlock for for 1-2 hours at a time. Water temp was 70-71 today so it will drop a bit everyday for the next week or two for sure. That should complete the "lake turnover" i would think and make the baitfish head into the creek arms and the bass should follow according to some.

6. Member
    Absolutely agree DW.

7. Member
    Well at 9 am when I got there the water was 68.8
    when I left at 12:30 it was 70.2

water had a weird color to it today. I’m not sure from what. 3 bites and 3 bass that was all 3 right at 15.3/4 inch long caught on jerk bait in 2’ of water. Water was choppy so I decided to go home and watch the chiefs play.

good luck to anyone who goes out this week.

8. Mike Lamb
    Went to SH and only caught 3. one slot. going to Jordan this sat
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

Hit SH on Saturday, similar conditions; partner caught two under the slot, I cought one....he was almost obscured by the Senko. I'm hoping next week it'll be better after a week of cooler temps.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. Banned
    Amen!!! Headed down east myself in the morning to try and find something for next weeks tourney. Gonna be exciting just to catch a keeper!!!������

11. Member
    Good luck and I caught mine on Jerk Bait

12. Mike Lamb
    I am hitting Jordan lake Sunday. going to put in practice for the Nov 6th open tournament. maybe I will get lucky.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

13. Banned
    Put in and took out at 3 different ramps today down east. Last spot was a zero. Did fish all new areas all day. Caught all keepers except one dink along with a Jack fish and 3 rockfish. Top water and the blade did the most damage. Funny how water is backing up in some spots and running out of the creeks as you would expect in others. Nasty water down there for sure. I will add the deer are not do well with the highways either. Saw 6-7 dead ones on the way there and back today. Must be a early rut this year or they are just on the move.

14. Member
    Put 5 in the boat in about 20 minutes at Jordan and made a quick 80$ plus new lures. Was a friends get together winner take all.

15. Banned
    Congrats!! Saw some nice bags down there last Saturday for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    Put 5 in the boat in about 20 minutes at Jordan and made a quick 80$ plus new lures. Was a friends get together winner take all.
    Sweet! Congrats.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin