No bottom end oil in Ontario

So I can't find any bottom end oil for my 2014 200hp pro X's talked to a mercury rep he said won't see any till spring ....I got 2 maybe 3 weeks left till I winterize my boat what do I do ?

I'd take out the lower plug for a couple seconds. If there's no water in that sample you should be fine until spring.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Can you order online and have it shipped to your address?
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

4. Member
    Can't find any places to order it online

5. Member
    Lots available
    Check Canadian tire, quick silver premium. My local store has 60 , Peterborough north CT, has 30

JEbass
    Last edited by Jebass; 10-20-2021 at 07:24 AM.

6. Member
    SAE 90 weight is all it is. drain it out and fill it up. By the time your ready to run, drain it out and up your quick silver in, if ya are looking for something to hold ya over through the winter. That is what I would do at least. But thats just me.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    SAE 90 weight is all it is. drain it out and fill it up. By the time your ready to run, drain it out and up your quick silver in, if ya are looking for something to hold ya over through the winter. That is what I would do at least. But thats just me.
    Almost... it happens to be a full-synthetic SAE90 (with emulsifiers). But I do agree... as long as you drain it COMPLETELY you can use any SAE90 lube to tide you over for the winter.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor