I need to replace my Lowrance 332 unit with a new unit

I’ve been running a 2006 vintage Lowrance 332 and it is now showing random black spots around the edges of the screen and a dime sized black spot in the middle of the screen. The unit fits in my console and my console will not accommodate anything bigger. What is a new model with the same dimensions as a 332 and will it be able to use my current puck and transducer?

Thank you

Another option I suppose—— Can these older units be repaired/refurbished to clean up the black holes on the screen?

Thank you

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You aren’t going to get a 332 repaired. Once the HDS came out, they were just a bit bigger than the previous versions. But it usually just took a little trimming to make them fit. If you look at the owners manuals for 5” units on Lowrance’s site, there is usually a template for the cut out so you can see what would fit. Real estate occupied on the surface is another story, but the manuals also have dimensioned drawings of the case so you can see how they might fit.

Another option is to have a plate made to cover the hole and mount the gimbal mount over it to allow for a larger unit.

Or you could shop around for a 330 or 520 series LCX in working condition to just pop in.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    First off, nice looking lab! Labs Rule!!!

The LMS-332 is a pretty old Lowrance unit. I remember them, and remember upgrading to LMS-520 & 522 units. I’m not familiar with anybody rebuilding them.

As for ‘what will fit’, you might want to check on Lowrance’s website. You can go to this link, https://downloads.lowrance.com/#000-15500-001 , and choose a depth finder series. Then look for a link that says something to the effect of ‘download manuals and installation guides’. In those installation guides it will give you the hole size the various size units in that series requires.

With that said, the only new 5” unit that Lowrance makes is in their Hook lineup. Granted it’s not a HDS or Elite, but it should still be an improvement over the LMS-332.

Hope it helps. ……….. and maybe some of the true Lowrance-guru’s will be along to better help you.
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

Quote Originally Posted by fishwishin View Post
    I’ve been running a 2006 vintage Lowrance 332 and it is now showing random black spots around the edges of the screen and a dime sized black spot in the middle of the screen. The unit fits in my console and my console will not accommodate anything bigger. What is a new model with the same dimensions as a 332 and will it be able to use my current puck and transducer?

Thank you
    There is a 332C for sale in the electronics swap and sell.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching