Detwiler jack plate stuck!!!

O5 tr20 w/05 225 opti.
    Been fighting some gas gremlins, so took it out today and it ran great. 68 with 2 teenagers, my self, full tourney load and 1/2 or better tank of fuel(gauge is a little screwy so just going by how much I've put in it lately). Ran it for about a half hour total had been playing with jack plate height. On our last run back I was trying to push her a little bit and was vinging the jack plate up until I started losing water pressure and it never happened, so I dont know if I messed it up so.ehow hitting up a d it being all the way up or what? Symptoms: hit down and it sounds normal but no movement at all....hit up and it gets that higher sound like its bottomed out. I've had trim relays take a dump and stick, like trimming motor up or down but never had this happened. This is my first hyd jp and I'm lost so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Member
    **bringing** (vinging)

3. Member
    Offset appears to be 6"(Not sure but could probably get a little more out of a 10" or better offset).

4. Member
    I'm new to all this, however I had a similar issue with my new to me Triton. It simply just needed to be greased. Mine has grease fittings on each side. I greased it, moved it up and down, greased it moved it up and down, repeat a few times and all was well. Maybe yours will be equally simple.

5. Member
    I'll look xxltrp...thanks

6. Member
    Bad relay. Replace them both……pretty inexpensive …… mine were $18 ea on amazon.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

7. Member
    I checked relays, they were good. Tried to grease, couldn't get to fitting with hose or 90 fitting. Next, added hydraulic fluid fo good measure and problem fixed. Note to any who dont know.....do not try to add hydraulic fluid to jack plate in down position......only when raised all the way up. Thanks for input.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimguy View Post
    I checked relays, they were good. Tried to grease, couldn't get to fitting with hose or 90 fitting. Next, added hydraulic fluid fo good measure and problem fixed. Note to any who dont know.....do not try to add hydraulic fluid to jack plate in down position......only when raised all the way up. Thanks for input.
    I'd say that's easy enough minus the fluid clean up.

9. Member
    Yes sir

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Bad relay. Replace them both……pretty inexpensive …… mine were $18 ea on amazon.
    A friend of mine has a Detwiler that is stuck. I will tell him about the relays on Amazon. Do you search for a Detwiler relay on Amazon or something else?

11. Member
    If it's a Detwiler with the Exact dial on the dash to raise and lower it your better of replacing that with a regular up and down button. I had one and it did the same thing either raising all the way up or sticking and not moving. All you do is hook the switch up to the feeds that activate the relays and get rid of the small line from the indicator on the plate. Just means you cant set it automatic and you have to watch the height.

12. Member
    When I try to add trim fluid to Jack plate it’s on an angle that it just keeps coming out.
    What can I do?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat88 View Post
    When I try to add trim fluid to Jack plate it’s on an angle that it just keeps coming out.
    What can I do?
    Crank your jack down.
    1999 TR-21
    Optimax 225 Serial Number 0G842489

14. Member
    I cranked it all the way down.That’s the first thing I did..Does not help