Trim calibration

Please can anyone help me with trim calibration or how to set trim on diacom computer. In manual trim down is -6% my is 0% and I adjusted on 23
    % max trim. What is my trim sensor showing 0% all the way down? Are is correct to adjusted to 0
    to 23%? Thank you in advance
    Mercury Verado 250hp 2005 serial 1B073852

2. Member
    And I forgot my smart gauge also need to calibrate, smartcraft monitor version 3.03 thank you in advance

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Usually set Trailer
    position FIRST.

Stall trim at down position for 4 seconds before beginning. Use an angle finder (there’s an app for that) to read the FULL DOWN angle across the top of the anti ventilation plate. Then add 20 degrees to that figure (should be very close for MAX TRIM calibration point).

Smartcraft Instrument calibration is totally separate from this.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Usually set Trailer
    position FIRST.

Stall trim at down position for 4 seconds before beginning. Use an angle finder (there’s an app for that) to read the FULL DOWN angle across the top of the anti ventilation plate. Then add 20 degrees to that figure (should be very close for MAX TRIM calibration point).

Smartcraft Instrument calibration is totally separate from this.
    Thank you very much, now everything working perfect. I use angle app and around 23 degree’s I try to set trim on computer and not allow me, I trim little bit down 22 degree’s and successful set trim. My trailer all the way down is -10 degree’s and trim is 12degree’s. Thank you very much!!!