Connecticut river in NH?

Thinking about fishing the Ct river up in NH this Sunday but never fished it. Where might be a good stretch to fish, and can you recommend a good ramp? I will be launching a Z20 with an F150. I hear the bass are good up there but again have never been up there with my boat.

thanks for any help.

2. Member
    Which ramp?

3. Member
    My club usually fished out of the Hinsdale ramp (believe it's on Prospect St). It's a gravel ramp, but decent. I generally stick to the pool area, fishing the grass and flipping shallow laydowns for largemouth. It can be a hero or zero story there. I haven't been more than a mile upriver in over a decade and can't recall the specifics, other than there are more SM as you move north. There are some big pike in there (had one longer than my leg follow a spinnerbait right up to the rod tip). Also fished one or two events in the Chesterfield section, I believe we launched on the VT side, so maybe the Old Ferry ramp? Two of our anglers found a body floating while prefishing

4. Member
    Thanks for that. I think we are going to give it a shot.

5. Member
    Didn’t the Hinsdale ramp be at Norms marina? North used to be good Smallmouth and I recall south has some shallow parts.
    Red Sox in 6!

6. Member
    Hinsdale is nearly at the bottom of the last navigable section in NH/VT - no marina there. When you come out of the ramp area, you're looking right at the VT Yankee nuke plant (decommissioned in '14).

7. Member
    Norms wasn’t a marina per say it was more of a boat yard? Fished a Queen City event out of there 15 or 16 years ago. I wonder where I’m thinking of? Lol
    Red Sox in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Norms wasn’t a marina per say it was more of a boat yard? Fished a Queen City event out of there 15 or 16 years ago. I wonder where I’m thinking of? Lol

You got the right place Phil.
    We have done a few BBC tournaments out of Norms marine in Hinsdale.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

9. Member
    Thank you,Tim
    Red Sox in 6!

10. Member

11. Member
    Thank you for that