Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Center Step Box

Are the new style center step boxes available to be purchased yet? I'd love to replace the carpeted box I have now...and the new ones look really nice!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

I believe BCB has said it isnt something they will be producing aftermarket due to boat building volume etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    Are the new style center step boxes available to be purchased yet? I'd love to replace the carpeted box I have now...and the new ones look really nice!

3. Member
    I would like to purchase one as well but I also believe Basscat said they are not able to produce at this time.

4. Member
    It will be available one day. But I would not expect it any day soon because of the product shortage.

It would be nice to be able to get one. You would think they could make a few of the same color at a time. Oh well.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Member
    White, Silver mist, charcoal, Malibu Silver, Apple Red. I'd say make about 10 of each of those and have in stock. Those would cover a large majority of boat cap colors and give BCB a good data point to decide if it was worth building more on a custom color order basis.

Of course that's easy for me to say when i am not aware of the build process complexity and the supply issues/worker issues/ demand for existing products and just trying to catch up to current new boat orders.

I can dream though Can't I?? LOL!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

7. Member
    Good luck been trying to get one forever

I'd love to have one too, the carpet box is no comparison.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    I have a center seat right now but want to put in a step box. Would love to be able to have the newer ones instead of the carpet ones.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

10. Member
    Ross Motorsports has a 2019 Eyra I would have traded my 2016 Puma for had I been able to get one for it. Andrew said BassCat wouldn't make one, even for them.
    I would be a lot happier with my Puma, if I could get a Malibu Red step box. The carpet one doesn't do the boat justice.

11. Member
    My boat is Malibu Red on the inside. I think the charcoal would look fine. But that is me. Though if they start making for older rigs. There is enough of the malibu colors in the feild, those would be a option
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

12. Member
    Last year i called basscat and tried to get the fiberglass step box. Was told i could get one for @$70k.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkp2609 View Post
    Last year i called basscat and tried to get the fiberglass step box. Was told i could get one for @$70k.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

14. Member
    If they made 100 black ones I would take one, they could charge what they want people would pay for them.
    I wouldn't think the parts would be on back order for them.

15. Member
    They should just make them match the different carpet colors. Same color they are now but better quality box. It wouldn’t bother me at all if it didn’t match the cap

We totally understand folks, though everyone here know how labor is today and this takes our best staff in assembly. We need them focused on boat parts for new product.

BCB

17. Member
    So you do have to spend $70k+ for one. Hope nothing breaks on my boat because new product has priority apparently.

18. Bobby8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjbubba View Post
    So you do have to spend $70k+ for one. Hope nothing breaks on my boat because new product has priority apparently.
    Not a reasonable analogy They are referencing one part that is an upgrade for most.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjbubba View Post
    I'm pretty sure almost every part you need for your boat is available, including the carpeted step.
    On top of that, unlike most brand boats you can purchase those BCB parts online instead of going thru a dealer.

My wish list for upgrades on my PII, Marine town latches. Premium driver and pass seats. and of course, the new console.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

They will sell you most everything, though upgrading Marine Town latches is also off the list as the Taiwan imports are way to long and far out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast