Mega Live detail

I read allot of negative stuff about the detail of the images posted so far from the new Mega Live. I am more than ok with less detail as long as I don't have the blind spots that I have with my Livescope. I seen this image posted this morning on Facebook from Terry Blankenship. Looks as good or better than anything that I've ever seen from my Livescope IMO. Now if I can just get mine I'll be a happy camper!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I very seldom fish only 15 ft from my boat.

3. Member
    You are going to be very, very disappointed
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

4. Member
    Can't hardly be more disappointed with Mega Live than I am with Garmin and the constant dead spot I've had for months now!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNBassTracker View Post
    I very seldom fish only 15 ft from my boat.
    I as well almost always fish 20 to 30 feet away from my boat. Picture just demonstrates pretty good detail that most are.saying that Mega Live lacks. Looks as good as anything else I've seen from Garmin in this picture. Time will tell.

6. Member

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    You are going to be very, very disappointed
    Unless you already have a Mega Live that you are using how can you be so sure that I will be very, very disappointed?
    Besides as we have discussed we fish totally different water systems. You mainly fish shallow bodies of water with soft bottoms and seldom more than 15 feet away from your boat. I usually fish 20 to 30 feet of water casting forward at least that distance and more over mostly hard bottom. It like comparing apples and oranges, two different things. I surely can't tell you what you see and don't understand how you keep thinking you can tell me what I see.

8. Member
    I’m with you Roy on the blind spot issue. As far as the picture above I can get that exact picture with my current livescope since he has the underwater structure inside the depth. Meaning I would like to see that same image but have it 20 feet away and see if it’s still that clear. Again really hope the dead spot is gone. Boy that would be great but if I keep my range distance inside my depth then my picture is fine. It’s when I I’m in 20ft of water and throwing to fish 30ft away I have the issue.

9. Member
    Tracker, thanks. I agree that I would like to see more images at greater distance. Now that some people are starting to receive their Mega Live transducers hopefully we will see more images and videos. Overall the picture that I posted is cleaner that what I currently get with LS at any distance. The overall concern was that you would only see blobs with Mega Live, this doesn't seem the case.

10. Member
    I set mine at 70 feet forward. Time will tell is mega is as good, better…

11. Member
    So what would be considered the optimum look forward?
    I don't cast more than 60ft, most of the time it's 20 to 40 feet.
    So if live is like most of the Mega Imaging that humminbird produces,
    wouldn't someone like me benefit from setting it at 50 or 40 ft?
    My SI images are a lot better at 100ft than 200.
    Thoughts?