High school fishing clubs in PA?

Does anyone know of any high schools in their area that have a fishing club? My nephew wants to start on at his school and is asking me to be the coach so looking for ideas as well as find other schools that may want to do some tournaments.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Joe.... I can DONATE baits as I have lots of left overs when I had the business. I would be glad to help out Hight school
    bass clubs in PA. I help the Bass Club at Honesdale HS. Their coach is on BBC under the name of Big-Bass1. His name is Kevin.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

Tim,
    Awesome!!! Thank you! I will certainly keep that in mind. Right now we are trying to get some kids and find out what they want the club to be about. I'll keep you in the loop and thanks for the info on Kevins team
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I boat for the Susquehanna Valley High School Fishing Team. We're in central PA with kids from numerous different schools comprising the team, such as Millville, Middleburg, Miffilinburg, Selinsgrove, Bloomsburg, etc.. PA Bass Nation runs the high school tournament program. Right now, they have an eastern and western division, with tournaments for each. However, they are creating a central division as well. If you go to the PA Bass Nation's facebook page, you can contact Ernie Watkins, the director, for more info. We just finished up the season, with the last tournament on Saturday. There's generally 3 qualifying tournaments and a state championship.

https://www.facebook.com/youthpabass...4573744&__nodl
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    I boat for the Susquehanna Valley High School Fishing Team. We're in central PA with kids from numerous different schools comprising the team, such as Millville, Middleburg, Miffilinburg, Selinsgrove, Bloomsburg, etc.. PA Bass Nation runs the high school tournament program. Right now, they have an eastern and western division, with tournaments for each. However, they are creating a central division as well. If you go to the PA Bass Nation's facebook page, you can contact Ernie Watkins, the director, for more info. We just finished up the season, with the last tournament on Saturday. There's generally 3 qualifying tournaments and a state championship.

https://www.facebook.com/youthpabass...4573744&__nodl

Pagregss I fished the Yough lake and meet some boys and their fathers when they were in town for a tourney a few years back. If I remember right I think they took 3rd in the derby. I tried to get a club here in Somerset and couldn't get any help from others in the area.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

6. Member
    I was at that tournament. I remember it well as it was very foggy the morning of the tournament and we had to idle for a good 20 minutes to get to our spot, then it was a madhouse in the afternoon for weigh in.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.