Trailering Cover for 2012 Z119

I am looking to purchase a good cover for my 2012 Ranger Z119 single console. My boat is stored inside, but want a cover for road trips to keep the road dirt and grime out of the inside. Would like a lower profile rather than something that sticks up real high and catches wind. Do I need to have felt around the perimeter to keep from hurting the gel coat?

Where should I look and how much should I expect to spend?

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The stock Ranger cover is as good as it gets. Get a quote from a Ranger dealer, or call Ranger. Covers are not inexpensive to ship, but sometimes dealers have other items coming and can bundle shipping to save $. Around $1200 is ballpark. Otherwise, every area around good-sized lakes has a local place that makes custom boat covers. The quality of those can be quite good, mediocre, etc. Word of mouth works well. Another good strategy is to ask marine dealers for recommendations of local shops they use. Ranger makes a “flat” [seats out] cover to match the low profile you seek plus a higher one.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

John's spot on...... As usual with a lot of things, you get what you pay for when it comes to covers.

A few good options that have been brought up quite a bit here are........ Ranger, Dean's and Aurora

4. Member
    If I wasn't buying a Ranger cover, I'd buy an Aurora.

What is termed as a 'flat'-cover is what you are asking for. This is the one that you put on and DO NOT have the seats mounted in the fishing positions. Ranger and Aurora sell both ...... a 'flat' cover and a 'seats in' cover.

If you think you are going to trailer with the cover a lot, you may want to discuss that with Ranger and Aurora. I know in the past, Ranger would custom sew extra straps and padding ..... IDK if they will still do this now. I know Aurora will build it however you want them to .... and if you're not sure, then just tell them exactly what you plan to do and what you expect out of their cover.

Hope it helps.
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

5. Member
    I would get the Aurora cover. The ranger cover I had for my z119 would blow up above the rub rail constantly. It barley fit bellow the rub rail. I see a lot of rangers around here going down the road with the cover blown up and pulling above the rubrail.

6. Member
    I ordered a Flat one directly from Ranger a couple of weeks ago for my 2011 Z519 dual console w/ Ultrex ... $707 = & w/ tax + shipping = $838.

Was told price actually recently went down.
    Last edited by BassinLA13; 10-18-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

7. Member
    That's not a bad price. I called Ranger to get some info last week and was given the $1200 budget number over the phone.

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughThumbBG View Post
    That's not a bad price. I called Ranger to get some info last week and was given the $1200 budget number over the phone.
    Hmmm yeah that's strange esp. since our rigs are identical in size etc ... I did not order a "trailering" cover though just a cover ... maybe that's the difference ?

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 5.36.00 PM.jpg

Note: yeah it shows BPS but I talked / bought it directly from Karrie @ Ranger.
    Last edited by BassinLA13; 10-19-2021 at 08:12 PM.

9. Member
    Just got this back from Ranger.

Capture.PNG

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

10. Member
    BassinLA13 - Did you fill out this order form?

Attachment 467920

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

11. Member
    BassinLA13 - Did you fill out this order form?

Attachment 467920
    No Sir. I called Ranger Parts and spoke with a very nice lady Karrie, who after pulling up my boat info based on my reg # (I'd ordered parts before) was able to walk me through the various options - flat, raised, TM type, color etc for the exact cover I wanted.

12. Member
    Thats very weird.

Have you received your cover yet?

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

13. Member
    Thats very weird.

Have you received your cover yet?
    No been amount a month ...was told it usually takes a couple of weeks for them to receive the order and make the cover. I'll prob give them a buzz next week if it doesn't show up.