Andy Van Slett

2008 opi 150 rigging harness question

S/N 1B735296 2008 150 Opti

Bought motor to replace the Etec that was on boat. Looking for a rigging harness for analog gauges and smart craft. I count the motor coupler as 13 pin. Can anyone tell me if 84-896537K24 harness with a data of 06/03/2005 would work?
    also, would this harness be key and gauges only or does it also do the smartcraft SC1000

thank you

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Actually a 14 pin connector and harness.

That part number would work, but given the date it's likely it's not new stuff.

That harness has the key switch and main engine harness- you need a junction box, and additional harnesses to connect any analog instruments (or appropriate kits for Smartcraft Instruments).

Rather than piece-meailing things together and hoping they'll work, it would probably be wise to reach out to a BBC sponsor and get what you need from one location. Rhonda (in our Parts Department) can assist you with this, see her post (below link) for email contact info:

If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor