Anyone wrap their boats?

Just wondering if anyone has wrapped their boat to change the color and how the long term durability was?
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    I mean I did the top cap to cover up the oxidation and have it be a lighter color so it didn't get as hot. Had a few nicks in it over 3 years from bumping into stuff
    Fish have fins, they swim

I just purchased a pro's boat. I would say one year for them is like four years for us weekend anglers. If that is accurate, I would say no more than five years before it starts looking raggity.

I ran a wrapped boat. Never again. If you fish any type of cover regular it will get beat up.

5. Member
    I wrap boats and I keep my boat wrap on for 4-5 years with no big issues. If you jam something hard yes it will rip but they protect the boat from the light scratching from the twigs and over hanging trees. Also keeps the gel coat from fading and oxidizing. Plus it is 10 times easier to clean than the gel that requires constant waxing. It is a great investment in my opinion.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

^^ i agree I ran a wrapped boat. They do take a beating but better that than your Gelcote.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

7. Member
    I'll be wrapping the new ride asap. A Couple hundred bucks is cheap compared to buffing typical scratches out.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKodiakWay View Post
    I'll be wrapping the new ride asap. A Couple hundred bucks is cheap compared to buffing typical scratches out.
    a couple hundred bucks? are you wrapping it with wallpaper?
    2015 189 trx

I think they paid 1800 or something to wrap my boat

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

GOOD wraps are well over 2k. GOOD wrap uses 3M vinyl. Substandard uses Oracle and similar vinyl. My wife and oldest son worked at a sign shop for several years. This shop wrapped my boat. I had the wrap on for 6 years. Below the rub rail it looked great. Above the rail, year 5 and 6 the sun got it. It was a bear to get off above rub rail too. Biggest no no for me to wrap a boat again...everyone and their brother sees where you fish and boom your spot is gone.

11. Member
    To me a bass boat is just too pretty to wrap, now I understand if you are being sponsored or trying to promote your business while maybe getting some sort of write off to boot.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    To me a bass boat is just too pretty to wrap, now I understand if you are being sponsored or trying to promote your business while maybe getting some sort of write off to boot.
    Exactly, a wrapped boat will never look as good as shined up gelcoat, plus it gets trashed fairly easily.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    Simple single color 3m vinyl, straight off the roll with nothing fancy... Quoted at $600.

Wow. Thats a good price. Make sure they use the kind that gets cut with the string and not a razor.