Nice!!!!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Outstanding!
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

Just incredible
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    Wow
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Excellent job....... ...... I like the attention to detail.

Looks awesome!!
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

Excellent welding! Great work! If you haven't already, I would insure the drain holes in the center of each of the cross-members of the trailer are open and didn't get closed up when they coated the trailer.
    Last edited by Texas Larry; 10-19-2021 at 03:28 PM.

8. Member
    Thanks for all the comments guys!

I would insure the drain holes in the center of each of the cross-members of the trailer are open and didn't get closed up when they coated the trailer.
    Thank you for this as well. But yea I had them plug them. They are 1/2 holes in each cross member. I left bolts in the threads of the tongue jack mount as well to make sure those didn't get coated.

Very nice work.

Better get that mattress back on the bed before the wife catches you

10. Member
    Very nice job! Looks like it was done at the factory.
    2006 Triton Tr-196
    200 HP Mercury EFI
    Garmin electronics

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jb3601 View Post
    Very nice job! Looks like it was done at the factory.
    Better....😉

12. Member
    Looking good!

So why carpet and not something like Gatorbak's or similar?

13. Member
    So why carpet and not something like Gatorbak's or similar?
    That was something I researched too but ultimately decided to go with carpet again. The original carpet lasted 20 years so I figured by just doing the same, this may outlast me. Lol! Plus I know how well carpet "grabs" the hull of my boat when I put it on the trailer. I never have to worry about it sliding off or back. So it just made sense (to me) to stick with carpet.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkainoa View Post
    That was something I researched too but ultimately decided to go with carpet again. The original carpet lasted 20 years so I figured by just doing the same, this may outlast me. Lol! Plus I know how well carpet "grabs" the hull of my boat when I put it on the trailer. I never have to worry about it sliding off or back. So it just made sense (to me) to stick with carpet.
    Carpet is certainly a good choice, but, the boat won't slide off if you use nylon..... mine doesn't move an inch.

Again, congrats on a job WELL done!

15. Member
    Carpet is certainly a good choice, but, the boat won't slide off if you use nylon..... mine doesn't move an inch.

Again, congrats on a job WELL done!
    Hey right on. One thing I did realize a couple of days AFTER I had put the boat back on the trailer was after ALL the planning and thought I put into it, I ended up bolting the long bunks on incorrectly. The one on the port side should be on the starboard side and vice versa. I was thinking the angled cut on the end of the bunks were designed to help it guide the boat onto the trailer. But they're actually cut at an angle to match the contour of the boat at the transom. What a Dumb A**

[URL="https://postimg.cc/NKRSmL6G"][/URL

One of the the old bunks vs. the new. You can see the bunks were still in awesome shape even after 21 years. I bought her new on August of 2000.
    Last edited by jkainoa; 10-25-2021 at 10:59 PM.

Wow awesome job

2009 ELITE 210

I could say "Wow!", "OMG!" or any number of other things for the amazing makeover.

I will say "Thank You" for sharing the thread, the detail in the work involved, all of the photos from start to finish. I only wish he was closer to my location so he could've converted our nightmare 2015 BC single axle trailer.
    Just. Simply. Amazing. Job.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkainoa View Post
    Hey right on. One thing I did realize a couple of days AFTER I had put the boat back on the trailer was after ALL the planning and thought I put into it, I ended up bolting the long bunks on incorrectly. The one on the port side should be on the starboard side and vice versa. I was thinking the angled cut on the end of the bunks were designed to help it guide the boat onto the trailer. But they're actually cut at an angle to match the contour of the boat at the transom. What a Dumb A**

places near me that are open today

One of the the old bunks vs. the new. You can see the bunks were still in awesome shape even after 21 years. I bought her new on August of 2000.
    If that's the only mistake you made, well, you're Einstein.....😉

19. Member
    Excellent work from one fab guy to another. But you know you had a gorrilla leaning on your trolling motor?!!
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

20. Member
    you know you had a gorrilla leaning on your trolling motor?!!
    OMG...Too Funny!!!! Well I had heard that Champs can sit bow high on the water but I've personally never had that problem before??? I guess I know why now. LOL!!! And if the Ultrex survived that, it should be able to handle anything else I can throw at it.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast