Triton 18Trx with merc 200 RPm issue

Hey guys I have a dilemma thought maybe you guys may have an answer I am only getting 5100rpm. Boat came with a 24 tempest plus I put on a 22 tempest same RPM. Doesn’t make sense I have better speed with the 24. At same RPM. Starting to wonder if my throttle was setup wrong or engine height but why would it spin both props the same. I did upgrade to Dakota lithium batteries. I have two 10” units upfront with a Ultrex 112.
    Last edited by Corey Gaffney; 10-14-2021 at 07:17 PM.

What is your prop go pad? These hulls like to run with the engine up higher. But the throttle not reaching 100% could be part of it as well.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    Agree with above post.

There’s a bunch of things to check, first and foremost that you are getting 100% demand linear(full throttle) this can only be proven by plugging in the G3 computer at the dealer. Your hotfoot MUST be returning to the idle stop every time, without question. Next, check that the stop bolt hasn’t backed out on the hotfoot, not allowing full travel, and same with the idle stop bolt. Next, which lower unit do you have, the 1.75 torque master or the 1.85 4.88” unit? Next, set your PTP at 3” as a starting point, you should be close give or take 1/4”. When running at WOT you need to be fully trimmed out, otherwise, it won’t be at peak.
    If all these are set correctly and check out 100%, assuming you’re not at some crazy altitude, it should be hitting the limiter with a 21 Tempest and about 5800 with the 24 tempest.
    Then after all this has been checked and proven, if it won’t rev, take it back and join several of us with 200’s that will not hit peak revs. No one seems to know why, Merc don’t seem to care and you’ll get told just buy more props which is BS.
    Good luck, please let us know the outcome
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

I didnt know low revs were a chronic problem?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I didnt know low revs were a chronic problem?
    I am in personal contact with 5 others alone with low rpm issues. I’ve been chasing mine for 12 months and the final thing I need is a water test with G3 connected, however with covid and dealers constant reluctance due to “no faults” showing, it’s easier said than done. You and I have the same set up, absolute best I’ve ever seen is 5700, that’s 400-500 less than yours, and in general terms, about the average rpm that others are also missing 500ish
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

7. Member acoberhauser@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Finally got my Triton and will definitely need some adjusting. Love the boat so far and just got past the 2 hour break in. Ptp is 3” 24 tempest plus and was only turning 4300 RPMs have saved a bunch of info from here and triton forum on Facebook.

8. Member
    So guys it was the hotfoot apparently it was bent or misaligned or something.