Oil injection removal question

Have a 1997 mariner 175 efi
    SN-0G549797
    Im going to get the kit and disable the oil injection system and run pre mix.
    In all the write ups i see "remove warning module".
    What exactly does it look like? Picture anybody?
    Is it the black box below the ecu?

Sorry I can't answer your question, but just wanted to comment that I did the same thing to my Mercury 200 EFI. Had a dealer do the switch and never worried again. What a great motor. Wish I had it back!

3. Member
    Use the "Search" function on the upper middle right hand side and threads about this subject will be listed

4. Member
    I havent found any that describe the oil injection module in depth, or its location or what it looks like.

5. Member
    Here is a drawing I made up showing how all of the modules are connected up and should aid in disconnecting the oil system module

mer_modules.jpg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kls2020 View Post
    Here is a drawing I made up showing how all of the modules are connected up and should aid in disconnecting the oil system module

mer_modules.jpg
    Ok that makes sense now. So if i remove oil pump and run premix iui will remove oil warning module. Do i also remove water sensor module or leave it? I read on here don @ european marine said it gets removed also?

7. Member
    Haven't tried it but you might be able to disconnect the the oil pump rotation sensor wires and the green spark coil input wire to the oil alarm module and still have a functioning water sensor alarm .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kls2020 View Post
    Haven't tried it but you might be able to disconnect the the oil pump rotation sensor wires and the green spark coil input wire to the oil alarm module and still have a functioning water sensor alarm .
    Sounds like the typical thing to do is remove both. If so i can do that. Doesnt bother me just trying to be clear on the proper way to do it.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    50:1 premix must be in the tank, and already run through the engine long enough to replace all fuel in the system.

Remove ALL oil injection components (tanks, lines, hoses, fittings, mixing valves, warning module, sensors, etc). Connect tan w/blue stripe wires from temp sensors to the wiring harness tan w/blue stripe TERMINAL on the starboard side of the engine block.

There will be NO TEST BEEP, but you should have a SOLID TONE for overheat.

Install the OEM Blockoff Kit (this is a series of part numbers, BTW). Rhonda, in out Parts Department does keep the components necessary.

Test horn by turning key ON, and grounding the tan w/blue stripe terminal block (where wires connect).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    50:1 premix must be in the tank, and already run through the engine long enough to replace all fuel in the system.

Remove ALL oil injection components (tanks, lines, hoses, fittings, mixing valves, warning module, sensors, etc). Connect tan w/blue stripe wires from temp sensors to the wiring harness tan w/blue stripe TERMINAL on the starboard side of the engine block.

There will be NO TEST BEEP, but you should have a SOLID TONE for overheat.

Install the OEM Blockoff Kit (this is a series of part numbers, BTW). Rhonda, in out Parts Department does keep the components necessary.

Test horn by turning key ON, and grounding the tan w/blue stripe terminal block (where wires connect).
    Awesome thankyou. Any real risk of gumming up or excessive carbon building up running premix?

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, but primarily when using lower quality oil and/or spending a lot of time running at low RPM or idle.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor