Kinkaid Lake info

I'm going to go to Kinkaid and fish all day Sunday. I haven't been there in 4-5 years but my girlfriend wants to go somewhere different so I picked Kinkaid. It has a lot of good scenery and I used to catch quite a few nice fish there. I was wondering if anyone has been there lately and if the bass have been biting very good? Also, I know several years ago they put smallmouth in there. Does anyone actually ever catch any of them? I don't need any hot spots or baits or anything like that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Member
    I went last Friday and it was very slow for me, did catch a few on weed edges but it was an early bite then very slow. Water temps were still in the mid 70's. Cold front this weekend will probably change things. I didnt' notice many baitfish in the backs of pockets/creeks yet. I'd start midway up an arm and work my way back starting on the weed edge. I know that's pretty general but that's all I got. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. Member
    Thank ya sir. I'll post back with a report on Sunday evening. I used to go there a lot and always do pretty good. I haven't been in about 5 years. It's an awesome lake with a lot of pretty scenery so even if you don't catch a whole lot it's always a good day.