updating my 2006 xb21

I'm adding a 12 inch HDS to the front of the boat to go along with the older 10 inch HDS already there. In the near future, I will be replacing my old maxxum with a ghost. The ghost foot pedal will fit width wise, but is longer and will require I raise the nose of the ghost some to allow the wires to clear. That might require me to elevate a double mount to allow clearance. I really don't want to put in a larger aftermarket pan. I would also like to see what's in front of me when running. I'll raise the seat as well. I'm sure I'm not the first with these issues, so please share your solutions and pictures. Thanks.

2. Member
    Just raise the pedal front and rear. Right now my xb2003 has a later model allison tray in it and the foot pedal didn't fit right either. I have a 2x6 trimmed to fit the shape of the bottom painted with about 3 layers of black paint and screwed to the bottom of the tray with the foot pedal screwed to it. Oh and I have four 1/8" stainless washers between the wood and the tray so water can drain better. If you didn't know it was there you would never see it. Going on 5 years now and still going strong.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    Just raise the pedal front and rear. Right now my xb2003 has a later model allison tray in it and the foot pedal didn't fit right either. I have a 2x6 trimmed to fit the shape of the bottom painted with about 3 layers of black paint and screwed to the bottom of the tray with the foot pedal screwed to it. Oh and I have four 1/8" stainless washers between the wood and the tray so water can drain better. If you didn't know it was there you would never see it. Going on 5 years now and still going strong.
    I know I will have to shim the motor foot at the front of the boat, that's a given. Personally I prefer using plastic bushings from the hardware bins at Lowes or Tractor Supply as shims. I am really after suggestions on a 2 unit, front to back, mounting bracket that be low profile but still allow the ghost's cables to pass underneath. Because of the narrow front on the allison, I also want that bracket to position the units over the fiberglass nose rather than above the front switch panel.

Sorry no help here.. I could not see much way to stack bow units on mine especially with the E-ped so I went with the biggest screen at the time. Splix 15. That took some handy work to get mounted to the E-ped.
    I have raised the seat in all of my Allison's
    Good luck ! let us know if you come up with something.