Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    Love me some DChappelle....but nowhere near the GOAT ......Will be very hard to top George Carlin and Richard Pryor
    I'm 100% agreeing with you on Carlin and Pryor deserving a place on Mt. Rushmore, but Chapelle - after watching his latest (and final) Netflix special - put the debate to bed. If you haven't seen it, go watch - then come back and tell me he's not the GOAT.

-b-

2. Member
    A comedian is the last line of defense of free speech. They say what most of us actually think and can't say or type

Love Chapelle and Bill Burr
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

3. Member
    Yes, I've seen it - great comedy - absolutely loved his old series - the Dave Chapelle Show - rare a comedian does stand-up and skit comedy equally as well. That being said - I still cant rate him above George and Richard......Pryor was hilarious without even trying to be funny, almost like he was holding himself back because he had so many hilarious things to say. But Carlin....hes the babe Ruth of comedy- his humor worked on so many levels- a true genius who made you think every time he spoke.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    Yes, I've seen it - great comedy - absolutely loved his old series - the Dave Chapelle Show - rare a comedian does stand-up and skit comedy equally as well. That being said - I still cant rate him above George and Richard......Pryor was hilarious without even trying to be funny, almost like he was holding himself back because he had so many hilarious things to say. But Carlin....hes the babe Ruth of comedy- his humor worked on so many levels- a true genius who made you think every time he spoke.
    You're so right about Carlin! Imagine if either of them were alive and working in today's PC climate!

That said, Capelle is the GOAT due to your first sentence. And...he walked away from the show and $50mm at the height of its popularity because (as he says), "...everyone was laughing, but no one was hearing what I said." That's genius.

-b-

Lisa Lampanelli would make Joan Rivers blush
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    Goat....Pryor

Right up there, Burr, Carlin, Murphy, Chapelle, MacDonald, White, Wallace, Seinfeld

Ton right under them.....lots and lots of very funny one's....gotta stand the test of time to move up IMOP

7. Member
    Chapelle is my favorite. He can really make the snowflakes cry.

8. Member
    Bert, Tom and Rogan as others have mentioned. Tim Dillon too. Watched Chapelle’s last night because of the news. I thought it pretty good, much better than his last special or two.

Nate Bargatze is one of my new favorites in the past year. His last 2 specials are great. He’s a clean comic too. That’s not important to me, just surprising and kind of hard to do. I only saw it mentioned afterwards; didn’t even notice while watching his special.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Gillis was fired from SNL for not being PC enough.....he has not toned it down at all. He is kinda to comedy what Tom Macdonald is to music in a sense.

great reference to Tom MacDonald. Tom is spot on with his music

Current acts, I can really only watch Chappelle and Chris Rock. All the others just seem to follow the same dull 'how offensive can I be' formula. Just like in the days of Dice and Sam K, it's only funny for a second then it's just annoying.

Dangerfield, Carlin, and Pryor are my all time top 3. Chappelle will make the list eventually.

Rodney Carrington, Kevin Hart .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Anthony Jeselnik's timing is near perfect. His comedy requires some thought processing in order to see the humor.
    And not easily offended! I love me some Jeselnik.

13. Member
    Burr is good. Carr and Millican are very funny English comics. Saw Carlin a few years before he past away in Lowell,Mass. Mike McDonald used to be very funny as was Steve Sweeney
    Red Sox in 6!

14. Banned
    Robert Schimmel (RIP)

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    Lisa Lampanelli would make Joan Rivers blush
    Imo that’s why most female comics aren’t as successful as men. Most just rely being raunchy for a shock factor to get laughs. Like “oooo she said a bad word that’s not lady like! So that makes it automatically funny!”. Theres a big difference between someone being funny and someone only getting nervous/shock laughter
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Robert Schimmel (RIP)
    Animal necrophilia

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Dave Chapelle!
    Yes!

18. Member
    I'm a fan of comedy by Jerry Clower and Justin Wilson

19. Member
    Lots of good ones already mentioned. Burr, Carr, and Chapelle are probably my favorites doing current stuff. Brian Regan too if you're looking for clean stuff. Mitch Hedberg was a great talent--too bad his head was such a mess.

20. Member
    Burr
    Jeselnik
    Chappelle
    Maniscalco
    Segura
    Can't stand the guy who takes his shirt off.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast