OT986939 oil tank bleeding?

What is the proper way to bleed a 150 EFI oil tank under hood after reinstalling, seen some say use air pressure and some say fill tank 3/4 way full with oil and start engine and leave cap loose till it overflows, I cant figure out how to get oil in the tank with just the small opening that the cap won't come off completely.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Gearcase pressure tester can be connected to the pressure line, pressurize to 6 psi.

Open cap on engine mounted tank and allow it to fill and bleed all air out. Close cap.

Remove gearcase pressure tester from pressure line, reconnect line properly.

Have an oil pump prime procedure performed with a suitable Diagnostic Tool.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Don is the pressure line the blue breaded hose on the bottom of the oil tank or is it the black hose with blue stripe?
    Last edited by red186; 10-14-2021 at 12:15 PM.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Neither.

Pressure hose is the solid black hose that connects to the outer-fitting of the remote tank AND to the crankcase-pressure check valve.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor