Power poles or raptors and the like garage clearance?

On a typical 20 21 ft bassboat, with 10ft models, how tall a door do you need to clear a garage entry/exit without deploying them down a little? Assume 8ft would be 2 ft less than a 10?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    10 ft is @1 foot more then 8 foot. 13 inches to be exact. 7.5 to 8 ft foot on 8 foot 8.5 to 9 on 10 foot. ( generally). Really all depends on how boat is slung on the trailer this varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some sit high some sit way lower. Sit a 20 ft ranger next to a 20, 21ft charger big difference. I personally lack about 2 inches on a set of 8 ft blades on my ranger on a 7 ft door. opening.
    10ft blade from bottom of stern bracket to top of knuckle 68 in
    8ft blade from bottom of stern bracket to top of knuckle 55 in

3. Member
    Thank you

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin31 View Post
    Thank you

5. Member
    Get tilt brackets and the point becomes moot. So glad I did it....

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    pretty mute point when you can just semi deploy anyway. The tilt brackets ( when used with hydraulic anchors) that are out there are way overpriced IMO and only necessary for very few .

7. Member
    Each case is different. I cannot deploy once inside garage. I have to tuck under a beam and no room behind the boat. Talon tilt brackets have been a lifesaver for me. Without them, no poles.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Each case is different. I cannot deploy once inside garage. I have to tuck under a beam and no room behind the boat. Talon tilt brackets have been a lifesaver for me. Without them, no poles.
    certin cases do require I agree and in that case the Talon tilts are deff the more affordable option.

9. Member
    My father has 10’ Blades on a Nitro Z20 and he can clear an 8’ tall garage door opening without deploying the poles. I can also tell you that with 8’ Blades set all the way down on the brackets with my Triton they will just barely clear a 7’ tall garage door opening. By literally a matter of less than 2”

My 10' blades are the same height as my mercury optimax250 and when semi deployed to that point they are only 3" longer than my lower unit/back of outboard, so not much room required and those are tens.

side note one or two times over the last 700 uses I pushed by hand my boat back like normal and the anchor hit the wall saving me any damage when I messed up.