Thread: Gaston

Gaston

Any updates on the fishing at gaston lately?

Quote Originally Posted by ben hutchins View Post
    Any updates on the fishing at gaston lately?
    I fished the first week of October and had a tough time. Picked a few here and there but definately not one of my best trips. I usually can get 5-10 decent fish a day and this trip was lucky to get 1 or 2. Bait was all over the place along with schools of fish blowing up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I fished the first week of October and had a tough time. Picked a few here and there but definately not one of my best trips. I usually can get 5-10 decent fish a day and this trip was lucky to get 1 or 2. Bait was all over the place along with schools of fish blowing up on them.
    We were there the same week and it was the same. Where did you stay? We were at Stonehouse Timber lodge.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    We were there the same week and it was the same. Where did you stay? We were at Stonehouse Timber lodge.
    I was in Lizard Creek, second cove on the right as you enter the creek.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I hope its getting right, Im there are 20 of us from my club headed up tomorrow for 5 days
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    It's been fishing tough and with the NC six man and the Elite 70 tournaments happening this weekend, it's going to be crowded.

7. Member
    Was there last Fri-Sun and the fishing was brutal! Water temps were mid 70s. Caught a couple on main lake points with grass

If I wasn't lost, I'd surely know where I was going!

8. Member
    Busted 19.** pounds there Friday night the 8th and another successful night Saturday night with loosing a few key fish. Wasn't hitting on much during the day but night bite was still strong.
    2011 21xrd
    2011 250 Pro XS