Propping question- 200 Pro XS

SN: 3B040833

I have a V8 200 Pro XS on a 189 Tyee GL propped with a 17P Enertia. I'm currently getting 5900 RPM at WOT (from Vesselview) and around 52 MPH. The hole shot is fine, but I've never been able to get up to the 6100-6200 RPM range with this set up. Should I be considering dropping to a 16P or is it ok to be topping out at 5900? The dealer checked and said I was getting 100% on the throttle. I'm not necessarily unhappy with the performance, but I know I've read a few times on here that I should be hitting those upper RPM ranges at WOT to avoid lugging the engine and really get the best performance out of it long term. Would a 16P Enertia do that, should I be looking at something else or is it OK as is?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would try the 16P.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor