Powerpole/Talon on a 2013 RT188?

Anyone put a powerpole/talon on an RT188? Doesn't seem like its an option on the 2021 RT188 website - wondering if anyone has done this with older models?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I am curious to any replies, I've seen several RT188's on the water with shallow water anchors.

Wondering why you are asking?
    Mount either with the proper engine brackets or attach to Jack Plate (If Jack Plate is on the boat.)
    Power Pole requires room needed for the pump assemble in the transom well.
    Power Pole is lighter in weight when hanging off the back end.
    Talon only requires electrical connection to your battery.
    Hope this helps.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

4. Banned
    A bunch of people have talons or power poles on their rt188s.

5. Member
    I have 2 power poles on my 188

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Shallow water anchors have become so ubiquitous I actually had someone walk out to their dock in Canada a few weeks ago and ask me why my bass boat didn’t have cricket legs on the back.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

7. Member
    I was told that if I did not have one installed from factory when I bought my boat that it would void my hull warranty if added later. Mine is a 2016 RT188. And they would only mount one on starboard side. I wish I had gotten one now.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
    I was told that if I did not have one installed from factory when I bought my boat that it would void my hull warranty if added later. Mine is a 2016 RT188. And they would only mount one on starboard side. I wish I had gotten one now.
    Exactly this! Approved bracket and starboard side ONLY or you void your lifetime hull warranty!

The caveat being, if you actually read your lifetime hull warranty, you realize what a joke it is. 95% of the items on your boat are out of warranty after 5 years. Your boat would damn near need to split in two to be warrantied after 5 years and even then I bet they would fight you on it!

Throw poles on and enjoy your boat!! Most people buying a used boat aren't that interested in a factory warranty.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
    Get a jack plate and mount them to the jack plate, then take them off if you have to send it in for any warranty work.

10. Member
    I have dual Sportsmans on my 2015 rt178