Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. Member
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Clunn looks ready. Like he slept in the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It’s a cool tradition and seems to be a well run event, but man I’d have a hard time getting fired up to compete with a huge field to possibly get 10 pounds. Fishing just seems brutal on mead.
    Everybody is fishing on the same pond. 10 - 12 lbs a day will get you a healthy check.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

I just clicked to congratulate you I Thought you Won

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Does the weight really matter??? It pays really well to even place and anglers cant stop talking bout the beauty and scenery of this place.......
    Thats a good point, just saying if I was to travel so far and likely lose money, I’d at least not have some brutal fishing. Question for a local there, are most guys catching a bunch of numbers just no size? Or is it a grind to get 5 bites?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    I have never fished there, but looking at day 1 results, a lot of small limits. Assuming it is hard to find the 2.5's, but 1.5's are around.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    But yet you have over 38,000 posts on here
    I had to do the math, he has averaged over 6 posts a day for 17 years! That is dedication.

9. Member
    OP is a good dude...only trip out on Mead was amazingly beautiful...a midwestern guy, had never fished in an enviroment like it...ran all the way up to the Hoover Dam...incredible...did seem to fish a little tough Brian

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Clunn looks ready. Like he slept in the boat.
    He did sleep in his boat. He has a picture of himself in a sleeping bag in his Nitro on his Instagram page. rick_clunn_official

2013 721 Phoenix 250 Optimax Pro XS
    2020 Ram 3500
    2021 Host Cascade Truck Camper

11. Member
    What is the water level on Mead these days?

12. Member
    Mead is kind of a bi-polar fishery, spent my first 8 years in the Air Force stationed there, bought my first bass boat while there, love the lake when its not windy, can fish great in the spring for a few weeks then after that it gets brutal (at least for me), throw in the 100 + degree temps and it becomes even more of a challenge. Water situation is dire, absolutely shocking how low it is compared to the full pool days in the 80s. Lake Powell is headed in that same direction, hopefully its a banner snow year for the western states.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Thats a good point, just saying if I was to travel so far and likely lose money, I’d at least not have some brutal fishing. Question for a local there, are most guys catching a bunch of numbers just no size? Or is it a grind to get 5 bites?
    Im not sure........ One of the guys....Ill link the story. Says he found a school and had it all to himself. This is great info and not great info. LOL. Im terrible offshore fisherman but this gives me incentive to get better at this on any lake. Im not sure about the winner. He doesnt really say in the article.
    " A Few Good Fish"

In a shortened two-day competition, the 39th Annual WON Bass U.S. Open crowned the 2021 victor, pro Roy Hawk of Lake Havasu City, Ariz. in the Duel in the Desert at Lake Mead.

Hawk bested the 200-boat field with a tournament total of 21.74, claiming the Open trophy for the second time in his career, with his previous U.S. Open win in 2015. His efforts earn a 2021 Bass Cat Boats Cougar FTD equipped with a Mercury Marine 250 Pro XS AND $83,000 in cash.

“I’m stoked – super excited,” said Hawk. “It’s a real blessing to win it once and to win it twice is – man – it’s unbelievable.

“I really knew I had a good bag; but I didn’t realize I had that much. To actually come away with the win was quite a surprise. I am thankful for the opportunity and the chance to live in this moment my wife and my son and what it is going to mean to my family.”

Fishing Day Two with AAA David Shearrer, of Lake Forest, Calif., Hawk landed the Big Bass of the event with a 4.87 that anchored their limit of 11.62, the biggest stringer of the final day. Hawk added it to the 10.12 from Day One and rose from 12th to the win.
    His biggest fell to a homemade jig.

“It had a Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits Yamamoto Psycho Dad trailer,” added Hawk.

Shearrer started and ended the final competition day as the leader of the AAA side, after a Day One weight of 11.81 with pro Rusty Salewske, of Alpine, Calif.

Reigning 2021 WON Bass California Open champion @Cliff King, of Ione, Calif. trailed Hawk by little more than a half-pound with 21.03 for the pro runner-up position, after weighing 10.50 and 10.53. King credited a single school for his weigh fish.

“I pretty much the school milked it for two days,” said King. “The spot kept replenishing itself throughout the day. I caught all of my fish on reaction – an A-rig.”

The U.S. Open concludes the 2021 WON Bass Pro/Am season.

Stayed tuned to the WON BASS Facebook page for future events.

The 2022 season kicks off with the Arizona Open at Lake Havasu on February 9th.
    " A Few Good Fish"

" A Few Good Fish"

BassFan article states that he spent the entire two days near Callville Bay. Isn't that the takeoff area? Retreads? No problem if it is, just find it interesting.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

AF272FD8-66DD-4781-85C2-2BB97C8BB731.jpeg
    I finished 8th place with 10 Smallmouth Bass for 18.39lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Z521 View Post
    Congratulations that is fantastic always glad to see a BBCer have success and in a big tournament like this it is quite the accomplishment.

Atta-boy Darius!! Great job bro. I am so happy for Roy Hawk. Roy is a super great guy and he is doing it the hard way because he didn’t start this journey with a bunch of money or support.

Great finish on a tough tourney with 200 boats

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast