Thread: Fury issues?

Fury issues?

Have been away awhile, but have mercury been having issues with Furys blowing apart? Before it'said, not being run to high in the water. Seen some complaints on FB groups that it's a issue now...

2. Member
    Fury 3 or Fury 4? I have heard comments that there have been more than an average number is issues throwing blades with Fury 4's. However, I do not own that type of prop, so what I have read and heard might be explainable. If you run the engine high enough and abuse a prop, I think you can eventually "throw blades" on most style props.

3. Member
    There’s a lot of fury’s out there so it’s a big sample but there’s been a lot of reports of thrown ears the last few years from what I see. 3 and 4 blade
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    There’s a lot of fury’s out there so it’s a big sample but there’s been a lot of reports of thrown ears the last few years from what I see. 3 and 4 blade
    That is what I've been reading, not original furys(atleast 3 blades, don't know about 4). Read they have addressed it, but too early to know. When time comes hopefully it will be resolved but concerns me, and apparently merc is not standing behind the fury issue....???

5. Member
    I was one of many that threw a blade on Fury 4 blade. I liked how it performed, but will not use one again for fear of much bigger issue is a blade is thrown again. I have not really heard of people throwing blades on the 3, but it does not mean it does not happen.

6. mikesxpress
    Assbook reads like Amazon reviews. I've seen no evidence of Fury 3 blade propellers having issues on BBC? The 4 blades were slinging blades for awhile but you don't see much about that anymore.

7. Member
    The 3 blades throw them too when guys try to run them too high.

8. Member
    I have thrown a blade off of my 3 blade Fury and I do not run it high. Mercury has warranted the prop but still waiting on my replacement.

9. Member
    I threw an blade on my 3 blade 24 Fury this last Saturday and the prop had hit nothing. I have never run it above 3" PTP. I am going to contact Mercury about it and see what they say.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

10. Member
    I threw a blade on a 23 p 3 blade 2 weeks ago at about 60mph in open water
    Cracked to lower unit case
    Waiting on warranty claim as well

11. Member
    Who do you contact on this issue. I threw a blade on my 4 blade going across open water last Thursday.

12. Member
    Dealer is taking care of my issue

13. Member
    I have created two new Fury 3 blades, one less than 2 hours on prop. Mercury (via Mark Croxton) replaced it under warranty. So, yea, Fury 4's definitely went thru a blade slinging period. My Fury 4 24 that I am running now has been perfect.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

14. Member
    Get you a Pro Max and you wont have any more issues! Been running one on my Bullet for over 10 years at 6100 rpms max with no issues.

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    have had many fury 3 and fury 4 blades have never slung a blade guess im lucky