Active Imaging, Live Scope, etc. Pole Installation Locations

This might be better for one of the electronics forums, but I'm looking to install one my 2019 Z519 and decided not to mount on the TM, but rather on a separate pole. Wondering how others have attached this to their boats. It would be an easy decision on my RT but drilling into the fiberglass always seems to put me in more anxiety.

If you have pics and pros/cons, I would love to know.

And, if this has already been addressed, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

2. Member
    I think if you look in the Garmin forum there are a few discussions of options vs the trolling motor shaft. So far, I have not fallen in love with the "options" for bass fishing. The one product where you can shift it left / right with a separate foot control is kind of cool, but not sure if I could operate everything at once. Also, takes up some more deck space. Watching some of these elite pros keep their transducer aimed at the fish / brush while fighting wind / current is very impressive!

3. Member
    Here's what I did.IMG_2102.jpg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDonkeyHunter View Post
    Here's what I did.IMG_2102.jpg
    Thanks TXDH - Can't totally tell from the pic, but is the pole mounted to the TM shaft but it operates independently??