How is Guntersville fishing right now?

Heading down for 4 days starting thid Thursday. Hoping for a frog/topwater bite.

Fishing out of Goose Pond.

It took 20lbs to win the SPRO frog tournament just the other day so I’d say if you get in the right areas you’ll have some luck with a frog. Gerald Swindle’s Big Bass Splash tournament is this weekend too

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4508js View Post
    It took 20lbs to win the SPRO frog tournament just the other day so I’d say if you get in the right areas you’ll have some luck with a frog. Gerald Swindle’s Big Bass Splash tournament is this weekend too
    Thank you for this info. Any idea how many entries in the big bass tournament?

4. Member
    Been pretty great. Not a ton of size and virtually zero frog bites.

Spro tournament had a lot of zeros..

We've regularly been catching 60 to 80 fish a day. We had 210 fish in the boat two weekends ago, and 130 fish in the boat last weekend. Pretty typical fall transition stuff.

5. Member
    It was a tough one. Cold front came in on Friday night - 25 degree temp drop and NNW high winds made it worse. 100+ boat high school tournament canceled on Saturday morning due to dangerous winds.

Only a few bites punching matted grass.

6. Member
    On Saturday? I was there. We boated more than 100 bass from 6am-4pm. Big one of the day was 4.89.

Sorry you had a rough time man. There was also an absolutely enormous tournament running Friday\Sat\Sun.

Edit: Sorry guys I got too many messages and feel bad if I can't answer lol. I tried to respond to everyone and I hope you all caught some fish!
    Last edited by OverTimeAgain; 10-25-2021 at 06:39 PM.

7. Member
    I appreciate that. We didn't know about the Big Bass thing until Tuesday. We were there for our small club classic (7 boats).

I must not have any idea about that lake. This is the 3rd time I have been there (2 fall trips and 1 spring trip) and just can't seem to catch anything.