Running light staying on

I have a 1448 crestliner jon boat that I bought to use on vacation instead of a kayak. Vacation is usually Appalachiacola bay in Florida.
    The boat has made 3 trips to Florida and I have used it a few times at home. It has a manual start 25hp mariner, johnson 12/24 trolling motor two group 29 marine batteries, running lights, bilge pump and a depth finder.
    I bought a switch panel from bass pro and I think that is where my problem is but I figured I'd get another opinion before I try to fix it.
    Everything on the boat has worked perfectly until coming home from Florida. I was putting gas in my truck and noticed the front red running light was on, checked the switch and it was off. So I came on home and forgot about till the next day. The next day both the red and green lights were on ( I have the separate red and green l.e.d. lights up front). I took the boat and ran it a while in fresh water then came home. Once home I pulled the fuse for the lights, they still burned. I then pulled all four fuses from the switch panel, the lights still burned.
    So, after this I just disconnected all the wires to both batteries and covered the boat up. It's got to be something wrong in that switch panel or am I missing something?

2. Member
    I would check your wiring...it may be the switch panel but sounds like you need to get a multi meter out and figure out how they are still getting voltage with switches off and fuses pulled.
    Fish have fins, they swim

I assume you are talking about the navigation light on the front of the boat, most boats have a separate switch on the bow and they can accidently get turned on. If this happens the console switch will not turn it off.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

4. Member
    No separate switch. I am kinda anxious to figure it out.

5. Member
    Figured it out. The 24 volt power wire got pinched somehow and had a bare spot, and on the other side of the boat the running light wire had somehow gotten under a piece of foam under the floor and had wore out a bare spot also. The light was getting just enough power through the aluminum boat hull to light up a couple of the led's on the red light.