Tatula Limited Model

Anyone have an anticipated date of when these will be released? I have two on order from TTT and am just wondering. Thanks!

2. Member
    Daiwa has said 'October' for the last few months, and I haven't heard anything different. Looks to be a sweet reel!

The new 2021 Limited Tatula SV 103 will begin shipping first to all pre-order customers of The Tackle Trap early next week!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    The new 2021 Limited Tatula SV 103 will begin shipping first to all pre-order customers of The Tackle Trap early next week!
    Awesome! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bass1 View Post
    Awesome! Thank you!
    You're welcome. It's looking like more RH than LH will be coming in the first shipment, as usual!

6. Member
    Any news on the second shipment? Hoping my left hand model will be in that batch.

7. Member
    Fish and tackle unlimited in Houston has them on the shelf i handled one about a week ago

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaRacing55 View Post
    Fish and tackle unlimited in Houston has them on the shelf i handled one about a week ago
    Any feedback on this reel?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Any feedback on this reel?
    I went in looking for a 6.3 tatula sv. Seen it and handled it just for a minute, it felt great but not necessarily better in the hand over my elite, for 300 I would have a hard time not getting the news zillion sv for 50$ more. Can’t go wrong either way though.

10. Member
    I went in looking for a 6.3 tatula sv. Seen it and handled it just for a minute, it felt great but not necessarily better in the hand over my elite, for 300 I would have a hard time not getting the news zillion sv for 50$ more. Can’t go wrong either way though.
    Koolio...I'm itching to read some on the water reviews of it as well.

11. Member
    Maybe the aren't as limited as the Sterling Silver Tatula was. For all the pre-sale I figured they would have been gone in the first shipment. I have two that I have yet to use yet and I ordered them in July. They are a nice looking reel for sure.

12. Member
    Maybe the aren't as limited as the Sterling Silver Tatula was. For all the pre-sale I figured they would have been gone in the first shipment. I have two that I have yet to use yet and I ordered them in July. They are a nice looking reel for sure.
    Yeah I was surprised when I looked down and seen they had it in the display. If I could have got in a 6.3:1 I would have been tempted for sure.

13. Member
    I'm interested in one for cranking and spinnerbait duties and want to see how this SV casting compares to say the Elite long distance Tat version.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    I'm interested in one for cranking and spinnerbait duties and want to see how this SV casting compares to say the Elite long distance Tat version.
    How do you like the casting elite? I have a elite p/f and it’s hard to imagine anything feeing smoother or casting better, although I primarily pitch with it, it cast extremely well

15. Member
    How do you like the casting elite? I have a elite p/f and it’s hard to imagine anything feeing smoother or casting better, although I primarily pitch with it, it cast extremely well
    I have never handled one, although I owned a Tatula Coastal long enough to gain an understanding of what the Tat Elite would do. I wasn't fond enough of the Tat Coastal to keep it, and it only took me about a full day on the water to come to this realization. From my understanding the Tat Elite bombs topwaters like 1/2 walking baits and WPs type baits, and the styling cues of the Tat Limited has me interested, espeically if it keeps the casting perfomance of the Elite Long Cast.

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    What about crankbaits, like a Little John MD or DT6? I have the SV TW 103 and the SV103, for pitching/frog and Texas rig, butmi cant see these reels being great for cranking. I can throw a Texas rig accurately and very far with the SV103 paired with a TTU713MHFB. T me it’s a great rod/reel for Texas rigging, swim jigs, etc.

I want a 6.3 Daiwa reel for cranking, and my Tatula Type Rs are a little big
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    What about crankbaits, like a Little John MD or DT6? I have the SV TW 103 and the SV103, for pitching/frog and Texas rig, butmi cant see these reels being great for cranking. I can throw a Texas rig accurately and very far with the SV103 paired with a TTU713MHFB. T me it’s a great rod/reel for Texas rigging, swim jigs, etc.

I want a 6.3 Daiwa reel for cranking, and my Tatula Type Rs are a little big
    This is exactly what I bought my 20 tatula SV to do, DT4,1.5‘s balsa xtremes have all handled excellent on it with 14# fluoro and the 6.3 is perfect for my style. I would not want anything faster but that’s me. Just bought a 16 zillion SV 6.3 from a member on here for my chatter bait rod but I would have been perfectly fine with another tatula SV on it.